I am so excited to be nominated for a SECOND Liebster Award! Thank you so much to Alyssa at Oh Sew Crafty Life for the nomination. I have been so consumed lately with legal paperwork and research for getting my business off the ground, that this was definitely a bright spot in my day!
In case you don’t know much about The Liebster Award, and I definitely didn’t until a couple months ago, it is awarded by fellow bloggers to blogs with less than 200 followers, as a means to support and encourage one another. (Though it is always a little unclear about how to determine that 200 mark.) I consider it such an honor to be recognized by a blogger that I myself admire and love reaching out to other blogs to hopefully make them feel a little better about the work they have been producing.
The Rules of the The Liebster Award are as follows:
- Link back to the nominating blog.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
- Contact the nominees to congratulate them and let them know they were nominated!
The Questions from Alyssa for me:
- Dresses/skirts or pants/shorts? I have to actually go splits on this and say dresses and pants. I only wear a skirt about twice a year, where you can often find me in a dress on a random day. I also find it hard to find a pair of shorts that I love, so paints and dresses it is.
- What is your favorite season? My favorite is fall – I love the slightly cooler temperatures, the changing of the leaves, and the regular smell of campfires. I also feel like I get to wear the highest percentage of my clothes during the fall.
- Do you have a nickname? What is it? Maggie is technically a nickname, but I only get called Margaret in legal/formal settings or when I am in trouble. I feel like I have acquired a lot of nicknames over the years. Most people call me Mags. My mom will sometimes call me Magpie, while occasionally my siblings call me Marge. My best friend of 16 years and her family call me Maggie May. My favorite nickname from my husband is Pepper – based on my organized, Type A personality and Pepper Potts in Iron Man.
- How old were you when you got your driver’s license? I was 16; I only had to wait a couple months to finish my semester of driver’s ed in school before I could go get it.
- What is the closest theme park to you? Six Flags Great America is only a little over an hour away.
- What do you use most often for pictures? These days, my phone. If I know I am going somewhere with great views or shots though, I always bring my good camera.
- What is your drink of choice? Depends on the time of day – coffee in the morning, Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry for lunch, and then mostly ice water. I drink a lot of caffeine because it helps with my head, but I also drink about 80 oz of water a day. If we are talking of an adult nature – a dry white wine or a hard cider like apple or pear.
- What is your go-to dish to bring to a party? I don’t have one in particular, but it is usually a chip dip – loaded baked potato, French onion, my new summer salsa. I love a good chip dip.
- Ocean or lake? Definitely the ocean!
- Do you like to go camping? I am not a camper as I tend to be allergic to the outdoors – lots of allergies. I love being outside, but I tend to prefer being able to come home at night to my air-filtered home with the windows closed.
- Last time you did something spontaneous? And what was it? The day I filed my small business paperwork. I knew it was obviously going to happen and had talked about it lots, but I had also pushed it off for months. I woke up that day and just decided it felt right. After submitting the paperwork, I also decided to reward myself with a day of frivolity to celebrate – ordered myself lunch, rented a movie, made myself an afternoon cocktail. It was a good day.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I am named after both of my grandmas: Margaret Lorraine
- I was diagnosed with migraines since the age of 6
- Reading a book helps me feel centered; if I go to long without reading, I get a bit wonky and out of sorts
- Being at the beach with the sound of crashing waves makes me feel at peace
- I am a trained English teacher
- I hope to one day have a dog named Sherlock; I am thinking a beagle.
- I don’t like cake and really hate icing
- I live in an old church on a college campus because of my husband’s job; we have a total of four crosses in our living room – two of which are on huge stained glass windows. .
- I watch a lot of teen dramas on tv like Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, etc.
- I am deathly terrified of snakes
- I generally kick my husband’s butt at Injustice – a fighting superhero video game. He’s a big gamer, so this is a big deal in my house.
My Nominees for The Liebster Award are:
My Questions for the Nominees:
- What is your favorite recipe that you make?
- Where have you all lived?
- PC or Mac?
- What was your favorite toy as a child?
- What’s your worst craft fail? Which didn’t turn out the way you hoped?
- How do you like to spend “you” time?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Which apps (on your phone or other device) can you not live without?
I hope all of you are as excited to receive this award as I was! Part of why I truly love being a blogger is being part of such a supportive community. I look forward to reading your responses and getting to know a few more blogs through all of your nominations.
And thanks again to Alyssa at Oh Sew Crafty Life for the nomination! Her blog is fabulous so make sure to go check her out and connect with her on all your social media of choice.