I know I say this all the time, but here I go once again – I love easy recipes! So I really love this recipe for Sweet and Sour Meatballs.
I was able to put this all in the crock pot in about 5 minutes and then walked away. For the two of us, I served the meatballs over brown rice and called it dinner! These would also be perfect for a party snack; easy to throw together and keep warm in the crock pot.
To make this recipe really easy, I bought a bag of refrigerated original meatballs and used those. If you have a preferred recipe for your own meatballs, definitely use those! The bag was a pound and made more than enough for the two of us. We definitely have leftovers. I have a 6 quart crock-pot, and it probably could have fit 6 pounds worth of meatballs. That’s a whole lot of meatballs for a party.
- 1 lb meatballs
- 6 oz chili sauce
- 6 oz Grape Jelly
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Pepper and Chili Powder to taste
- Mix thoroughly all ingredients other than the meatballs in the crock pot.
- Add meatballs and stir until all are coated.
- Cook refrigerated meatballs on high for 2 hours and frozen on high for 3-4 hours. If you are cooking a larger batch of meatballs, you will probably need to cook for longer. Also, if making for a party, I would recommend cooking on high for required time and then turning the heat down.
I hope you enjoy!!