Today is my husband’s birthday, which means we are officially at the end of birthday week! This will be the last new post in the birthday celebrations series, though I will be sure to post a round-up so you can be sure you didn’t miss any of the awesome ideas. Today though I am sharing with you a delicious Cheesecake Cake Batter Dip! Plus, I’m sharing a free printable in honor of my husband’s birthday!
My husband always says the same thing for everyone’s birthday: “I’m happy you were born!” At first, I thought it was a little strange. I mean, what happened to the traditional “Happy Birthday”. Now, I love it! It is so sincere because he truly is happy you were born. “Happy Birthday” is celebratory of a day, but “I’m happy you were born” is celebratory of having someone in your life. I think it’s sweet. So I made this FREE BIRTHDAY PRINTABLE for all of you in honor of my loving, supportive, funny, weird, nerdy, and sweet husband on his birthday because I am thankful (and happy) everyday that he was born.
Now, back to the simple but delicious Funfetti Cheesecake Dip! I will be honest, I thought about making this dip a bit healthier by using plain yogurt, but neither of us could resist the cheesecake portion. We just LOVE cheesecake! And I LOVE how festive this dessert is! I’ve really been into the sprinkles this week with Chocolate Dipped Sprinkle Marshmallows and a sprinkles candle holder, so this dip fits right into our theme. I could go on and on about this dip, but I’ll just say this – It’s a must try!
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
- ½ c sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¾ c Funfetti cake mix
- ¾ c powdered sugar
- Sprinkles (I added about ¼ cup)
- Dippers: I recommend Graham crackers or Animal Cookies! Salty Pretzels would also be great with this sweet dip.
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat on medium-high for a few minutes. You want the cream cheese to become light and whipped.
- Add to the bowl the sour cream and vanilla. Mix on medium until blended well.
- Add in cake mix and powder sugar. Either mix on slow with the mixer or hand stir the ingredients together.
- Once everything is mixed together, fold in the sprinkles. Add as much color or texture as you want!
- Refrigerate and serve cold with your dippers of choice. Try not to eat the whole thing yourself! :)
Do you have a favorite dessert treat?