A Lightened Buffalo Chicken Dip that quickly disappears!!
I am a HUGE buffalo fan! While I did not grow up in a household with spicy recipes at all, I have fallen in love with adding a kick to my own home cooking. Buffalo is probably tied with jalapeno as my favorite.
I have always loved a good buffalo dip but they tend to be on the more fattening side. So when I went to make up my own version at home, I decided to make it a Lightened Buffalo Chicken Dip. I used low fat cream cheese and non-fat Greek yogurt as the base plus low fat cheese, too. It still had a LOT of flavor though!
I feel like most dips do not include enough buffalo sauce so I included a whole cup and everyone still enjoyed it, even those in the group that are shy about “heat” in recipes.
- 8 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup hot sauce (I prefer Frank's)
- 1 Tbsp. ranch seasoning (optional)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Stir all ingredients together in a slow cooker until combined. Heat on low for 4 hours or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.