A fun DIY Halloween Eyeball Wreath that turned out cuter than I ever hoped!
I decided that this year I wanted to expand the Halloween projects on the blog. It was a rough summer, and I am fully embracing fall. Running towards it full speed actually! Apple and pumpkin recipes are being made, windows are open, football is being watched (I could embrace that a little bit less to be honest), happy dances are enacted now that fall tv is back… you get the picture. I love fall!
The first Halloween posts for the year were my Monster Mash Trail Mix and then Pumpkin Mummy Truffles, so I decided it was time that I brought you a Halloween craft. To be honest – I was skeptical of this craft. I wasn’t quite sure it would turn out. But I love it!
Side Note: It was a little weird to me that the best price I could find for Ping Pong Balls was actually for Beer Pong Balls. Is that really the world we live in? Strange!
- 288 Ping Pong Balls
- Googly Wiggle Eyes
- Styrofoam Wreath
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Black ribbon or other hanging device.
- Warm up your hot glue.
- Start at one spot on your wreath and start gluing on the ping pong balls. Create a single layer of ping pong balls on the wreath all the way around. I do this while lying my wreath form flat on the table; you don’t want your wreath sticking out from the wall.
- Once your first layer is done, start building up. Filling in empty spots and making visual interest. You want to look at it from straight on and from the sides – whichever direction your wreath might be seen.
- When done, hot glue your googly wiggle eyes to any ping pong ball you see. I like to squeeze them into lower balls as well to add great dimension.
- Glue and pin ribbon to the back for hanging.
AND DONE! I will be honest – this took a couple of hours. It’s not that it’s hard; it just takes a little time. Put in a movie and get comfy.
If you like this post, you might be interested in my other Halloween posts!