Warm Apple Pecan Pull Apart Bread filled with spiced crock pot apple butter, fresh apple slices, pecans, and great fall flavor!
You will find a lot of apple recipes here on The Love Nerds because it’s my favorite every day fruit. There is always a bag of apples in the fridge for snacking, and it’s my go-to fruit for baking because I know the flavor is always going to be amazing. So as much as I love pumpkin recipes in the fall and will be sharing pumpkin recipes here soon, I am especially excited for the new apple recipes I have made for you all, like this Apple Pecan Pull Apart Bread!
Apple Pecan Pull Apart Bread is a quick recipe that can easily be catered toward any event. Pop it into the oven on a Sunday morning, and you have a delicious twist on breakfast. Bake one up for a holiday work party and your co-workers have an afternoon treat pull of fall spices like clove and cinnamon. And of course it makes a delicious dessert straight out of the oven and served alongside a scoop of ice cream!
I love that there are so many serving options for this recipe because it makes it a versatile family recipe for every day life. This is such a busy time of year, and none of us have time for complicated dishes. At least I know I don’t! If you like the idea of pull apart bread but aren’t as big of an apple fan as I am, you should check out my Fresh Peach Pull Apart Bread.
- 1 can refrigerated homestyle biscuits
- Crock Pot Homemade Apple Butter (about ⅓ cup)
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- ½ c sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ c chopped pecans (reserve a little for topping)
- (Consider adding clover and/or nutmeg to your apple butter if store bought and lacking any fall flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degress and spray an 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Slice your peaches into thin strips.
- In a medium bowl, mix together apple butter, sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans.
- Take your biscuits. Either keep them in 8 thicker slices or tear in half for 16 thinner slices.
- Coat each slice with the apple butter mixture and then top with 1 or 2 slices of apple, leaving one biscuit slice untouched for the end. Stack them together and add to the bread pan.
- Sprinkle remaining pecans on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is cooked through. If it starts to brown too quickly, cover with a piece of foil and reduce oven to 325 degrees.
When making this recipe, you can definitely use store bought apple butter if you are short on time. If buying, I recommend Musslemans or buying a jar from a local orchard or farmer. However, I always keep jars of my Homemade Crock Pot Apple Butter on hand for recipes like this because the flavor and spices are worth the extra time. Plus, with cooking down in the crock pot, the process requires time but not a lot of effort!