The recreation of my favorite restaurant appetizer – Baked Goat Cheese Marinara Dip!
There was a pizza place a couple blocks away from our apartment in the city called Homeslice. It was my favorite restaurant to hang out with friends – great artisan pizzas with a variety of ingredients and fun names, cute outdoor space, and my all time favorite appetizer – Baked Goat Cheese Marinara Dip. After moving out of the city and away from Homeslice, I found myself missing that Baked Goat Cheese Marinara Dip. It’s that good! So I decided to make a fast and simple version at home, and it was delicious!
We had friends coming over when I decided to throw this together and give it a shot for the first time. Most of the recipes I share on this blog are quick, easy recipes because with our busy schedules, those are the recipes that work best for our lives. I’m sure you can probably relate. You only need 3 ingredients to enjoy this dip – goat cheese, fresh basil, and a flavorful marinara dip. The other seasonings are optional and can add some extra flavor to the appetizer.
- 1 8 oz log goat cheese, softened
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- ¼ c fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- ½ tsp ground black pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
- ¼ tsp kosher or sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small baking dish, press goat cheese to fit the shape of the dish, leaving at least a 1-inch border around the edge.
- Spoon marinara into border, taking care to cover the edge of goat cheese but not the middle.
- Sprinkle with additional seasoning if desired (pepper, Italian seasoning, and salt).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until goat cheese is hot and marinara is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately with breadsticks or crostinis for dipping.
This recipe was gone in no time! With 6 of us hanging out, I made a batch of 8 breadsticks from the frozen section. They were quickly gone and we went rummaging for more things to dip with. We used some crackers and some other left over bread. I’m telling you this so you can learn from my mistake – make sure you have plenty of dippers on hand to enjoy every single bite of this Goat Cheese Marinara Dip!
If you love Goat Cheese as much as I do, make sure to check out my other Goat Cheese Recipes!