4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Pork!
I shared this recipe for 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Pork over 3 years ago near the beginning of my blog journey. I shared at the time that it had quickly become one of Bryan’s favorite easy family dinner recipes, and I’m happy to report that it still is. With a little one at home now, quick dinner recipes like this are even more important. As I went to make us a batch last week, I decided it was time to give the post a little update because 3+ years makes a big difference in photography!
Easy family dinner recipes are essential for our healthy and our budget. When you are woken up 5 times in a night during your baby’s sleep regression, heading through a drive through becomes a really attractive choice. Even better when there are so many places that now deliver! So easy dinner ideas make sure that we don’t take the easy way out and spend more money then we need to since, you know, babies are expensive!
This slow cooker pulled pork is also one of the best easy family dinner recipes because it makes delicious leftovers. I plan on sharing a couple new pulled pork inspired recipes in the next couple weeks. The last time I made a batch, I doubled the recipe which provided us dinner with family, leftover dinner for us, leftover lunch for us, pulled pork nachos, and pulled pork flatbread pizza. Yum! Lots of tasty ways to enjoy such an easy dinner recipe.
- 3-5 boneless pork chops/steaks
- 16-32 oz Chicken broth - I use one with less sodium
- Garlic Salt
- 1-2 Bottles of BBQ sauce
- We also love pepper jack cheese as a topping.
- Season the pork chops with garlic salt and place in the crock pot.
- Pour the chicken broth into the crock pot. I make sure that their is enough broth to cover most of the meat.
- I set my crock pot to high for at least 6 hours.
- About 30-60 minutes before you want to eat, take the pork chops out of the crock pot and pull them apart with two forks. It should shred easily.
- Drain all the broth and contents out of the crock pot and put all the pulled pork back into the crock pot.
- Pour as much BBQ sauce onto the pulled pork as you desire. Our favorite sauce is Sweet Baby Rays Sweet and Spicy - it has a great tang to it. Keep the crock pot on warm until you are ready to eat.
ITEMS HELPFUL FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE:
- Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker With Temperature Probe, 6-Quart
- Hamilton Beach Travel Case & Carrier Insulated Bag
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners 2 Pack
- Pulled Pork Shredder Claws
- SWEET BABY RAY’S Sweet N’ Spicy BBQ Sauce
GREAT SLOW COOKER COOK BOOKS:
- 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook: Quick and Easy 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Cookbook for Two
- Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!
- The Meat Lover’s Slow Cooker Cookbook: Hearty, Easy Meals Cooked Low and Slow
- American Heart Association Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook
- 50 Simple Soups for the Slow Cooker