Fun couples games are our favorite stay at home date night ideas, especially this Couple’s Scattergories! Special relationship themed Scattergories lists will have you laughing and reconnecting with your partner!
Printable Scattergories for Couples is a fun and free date night game idea for you all!
The first couples game I made for our at home date nights was The Not So Newlywed Game. Bryan was skeptical at first, but we ended up loving the night. It was filled with a lot of laughs as we went through the couples questions over a few glasses of wine. Even after a decade of knowing one another, we really did learn new things about each other. Plus I love a nice trip down memory lanes.
The game became really popular here on the blog throughout the whole year but especially around Valentine’s Day, probably because like us you all want fun but cheap Valentine’s Day ideas for after the kids go to bed. Therefore, I decided it was time to make another couple’s game. Enter Couple’s Scattergories!
Scattergories is one of my all time favorite games and one we play as a family a lot. It’s a fun word challenge that I appreciate but it’s also an opportunity to get a little creative. The fun of the game really is going through the lists together as a group and hearing some of the creative, crazy answers people come up with from the Scattergories lists.
In this date night version, all the statements/questions are focused on your partner or relationship. Things like – Fave thing about partner, describe your partner’s cooking or somewhere you want to travel to together. It will give you a chance to reconnect, laugh and maybe even learn something new about each other. All those add up to a great date night at home!
HOW TO PLAY SCATTERGORIES
- Officially, each game of Scattergories consists of three rounds and each round consists of filling out column 1-3 for the same list with a different letter. You can decide how long you want to play for date night but decide before you start.
- Begin each round by deciding a list number, then roll the letter die and start the timer. If you roll a letter that had already been rolled during this game, re-roll. If you have a die from your own copy of the game, I suggest using that. If not, I have included printable letters you can pull out of a hat instead.
- The object of the game is to create answer that begin with the letter on the die for each of the questions on their scattergories lists. Answers must begin with the letter. Articles do not count (a/an/the). Players are not supposed to use the same answer twice in the same round (though to be honest, my family does not usually acknowledge this rule). Last names cane be used first. Answers can be creative but they must be accepted by the other players.
You can read the rules for the official game here if you are interested.
HOW LONG IS THE SCATTERGORIES TIMER?
The Scattergories timer is 3 minutes long. If you don’t have the timer to use for date night, you can just set a timer on your phone for 3 minutes for each column completion.
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE ITEMS:
- Scattergories Game
- Scattergories Catergories
- Couples Tabletopics
- Conversation Starters for Husbands and Wives
- Party Cards AdamS and EveS
IF YOU LIKE THIS COUPLES GAME, YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE OTHER DATE NIGHT IDEAS:
- The Not So Newlywed Game
- Couple’s Year in Review
- Stay at Home Date Night Ideas
- A Year of Dates
- Envelope Date Night Kits
- 365 Ways to Ignite the Spark
Now it’s time to download this PDF of Couples Scattergories. There you will find 5 lists for play, 1 blank list for you to make your own, an answer sheet, and ABCs you can cut out for choosing letters if you don’t own a Scattergories dice. You will need two copies of the lists for you to both have and cut them out and you will need multiple answer sheets as well.