Hi everyone! I’m Stephanie from The TipToe Fairy. The TipToe Fairy is all about easy recipes, whimsical craft tutorials, and my favorite books. I love to share how to make things super simple from food to DIY hacks, so today I am here to share this Mini Crown Clip!
If you have a little princess or prince, they are going to love this little project for a Mini Crown Clip. My youngest daughter loves to dress up as a princess. When she’s a princess, she likes to complete her outfit with a crown, but they never seem to want to stay on her head. I whipped up a tiny little crown, and it worked perfectly to stay in her hair.
Mini Crown Clip
- Foam sheets
- Glue gun
- Alligator hair clip
- 5-6 inch piece of ribbon
- Pattern – Click HERE to print it.
1. Cut out the pattern and trace it onto the back of the foam sheet.
2. Cut out the crown from the foam sheet.
3. Add hot glue the inside of last crown point. Then, match up the diagonal side of the two crown points on either end. Hold together for a few seconds for hot glue to hold.
4. Set aside the crown, and cover the alligator clip with hot glue and cover it with ribbon. Make sure to keep a little extra ribbon at the back of the clip so you can easily open it without tension on the ribbon. I tuck a little extra at the back of the cip, like the picture, as I glue the ribbon to the bottom.
5. Now on either side of the crown, add some hot glue to the edges to attach to the hair clip.
6. Once you attach the crown, let it sit for a minute or two so the hot glue can harden before trying it on.
Wasn’t that easy? I used glitter foam sheets for this project. I wanted glittery crowns, but could not find any that wasn’t sticky backed at the craft store. So, these crowns are actually made with sticky back foam sheets, but I just kept the backing on it.
If you liked this project, here’s another hair clip idea: