Today is my birthday and the first official post of the 2015 March birthday series! While I don’t go all crazy about my own birthdays, I do LOVE birthdays! It is such a fun occasion to get together with friends and family and a nice excuse to treat yourself a little bit!
For our household, March is the big birthday month! Bryan and I were only born 5 days apart, so both of our birthdays fall in the first week of March. So does my best friend’s (Happy Early Birthday, Erin!). Then there are at least 5 other March birthdays that I can think of off the top of my head, including my mother-in-law. SO LOTS OF CELEBRATING!
These Funfetti Blondies are going to become a part of the annual birthday celebrations. They are definitely a bit fudgy in the middle and they did not cut as cleanly as my Type-A personality likes. AND they are delicious!
Bryan took some of them to his RA staff meeting, and I totally expected a couple to make it home. NOPE! They plate was crumb free.
- 1 Funfetti cake mix
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4-6 tbsp milk
- ½ c sprinkles
- ½ c white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 11x7 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine well the first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Then, add the milk slowly. You want the batter to be as thick as possible; not runny.
- Mix in the sprinkles and the white chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. I like to add a few more sprinkles on the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until edges are beginning to brown. The top of the blondies will usually begin to crack slightly as well.
- Allow to cool for at least an hour so the middle of the blondies can set. I normally like having them set closer to 2 hours.
Best of luck to everyone!!