A goal for this summer is to find some lighter dinner ideas that are also quick, so we’re eating a lot of turkey and chicken. As much as I’ve always loved a juicy beef burger with bacon, it doesn’t exactly scream lighter. Therefore, I’m trying out some new turkey burger ideas and absolutely love this one – Avocado Turkey Burgers.
These came together so fast and, as a huge avocado fan, I think the flavor was amazing! It is so good that I would eat this bun-less with some fresh tomatoes on the side. Nice and light for summer without giving up on good flavors. Not that bacon wouldn’t ALSO be delicious on top of these.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large ripe avocado - cut into chunks or gently mashed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs if patties are extra moist and having trouble staying together
- Add all your ingredients (minus the bread crumbs) to a large bowl and gently mix together. If patties seem really moist and won't form together well for you, add ⅓ cup bread crumbs.
- Shape into patties and grill, making sure to cook the turkey meat completely. I use a meat thermometer to check.
I was trying really hard not to add too much into the burger – light and simple was the goal – so I did not add any bread crumbs into the burgers. They were a bit juicy but held together for a couple flips. If the burgers are not sticking together when you form the patties, you will definitely want to add the bread crumbs to help them stay together as patties.
ITEMS HELPFUL FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE:
- BBQ Grill Tools Set with 16 Barbecue Accessories and Aluminium Case
- Utopia Kitchen Reversible Cast Iron Grill Griddle
- Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe 11-Inch Deep Square Grill Pan
- Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddle
- George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill
- Weber Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
- Weber Spirit Liquid Propane Gas Grill