Two amazing sausage recipes for you in one blog post!
I grew up loving Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage as a part of breakfast recipes and added to appetizers! It’s savory blend of seasonings makes it a perfect addition to casseroles and dips because the flavor always stands out. So today, I am sharing one of my favorite chip dips with you all – a Veggie Sausage Dip! I also wanted to try something different for you all, too, so you are actually getting two sausage recipes! I also used the Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage to make dinner, too – their Sausage Smashed Burger Recipe. Let’s start with my Veggie Sausage Dip! This is an easy crowd pleaser. First, you have the awesome flavor from the sausage. Secondly, you have cheesy goodness! Who doesn’t love a good amount of warm, gooey cheese? Lastly, the fresh veggies and the crunch of the bell pepper round it all off perfectly! I’m all for sneaking veggies into as many recipes as possible.
I personally love diving into this dip with pita chips because they are thick enough to handle this thick recipe. No chip breaking with pitas! It would also work really well with toasted bread, crostinis, or even veggies like carrots and celery. So many options you can easily put out for your guests.
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage - HOT
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed & softened
- 1 c shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ c mayonnaise
- ½ c sour cream
- ¼ c milk
- 1 c fresh spinach, sliced into small strips
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, remove seeds and dice
- Baked pita chips or tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook sausage in large skillet until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Add sausage cream cheese, ½ c of the Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and milk to a large bowl. Mix well.
- Stir in spinach, pepper and jalapeno.
- Add to lightly greased baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with chips.
Now, for dinner, I decided to give a Jimmy Dean® recipe a try – Sausage Smashed Burger Recipe! We tend to be a bit old school with our burger recipes and use either ground beef or ground turkey. We were both amazed at how much we loved these sausage burgers. The flavor was amazing on it’s own but adding the caramelized onions into the mix just made them even better!
Bryan very quickly became obsessed with this recipe and has already asked me when I can make them again, so I guess we will mark these down as a big success.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage
- ½ cup Homemade Pickles, see recipe below
- 1 cup Sprout Slaw, see recipe below
- 4 cups diced onions
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 8 slices brioche bread
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded jarlsberg cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- Combine sugar, vinegar and water in a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add cucumber slices. Refrigerate for an hour before use, the cucumbers will be tender yet still have texture.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, mayonnaise and garlic paste in a mixing bowl; keep refrigerated until use.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add onions, butter and cook on medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring often until onions are tender. Drain and reserve excess butter to toast bread slices, refrigerate onions until cooled.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of reserved onion butter in the same skillet over medium. Toast 2 slices of bread at a time until desired doneness, repeat with remaining ingredients and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the tomato slices until a slight charring occurs, set aside.
- Combine the sausage and caramelized onions together in a mixing bowl. Divide the sausage mix into 4 equal parts and roll into individual ball-shapes. Using the same skillet, smash the sausage into the skillet with a flat spatula until you have your desired thickness. Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until the natural juices run clear. Finish with the shredded cheese and let melt before removing from the skillet. You can cook them all in the same skillet or two at a time. Layer the burger between toasted bread with tomatoes, pickles and slaw. Enjoy!
I highly recommend heading to Meijer to stock up on all the Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage flavors – Regular, Country Mild and Hot – so you can make these two sausage recipes. Plus, there are so many great recipes on their website so you have plenty of inspiration right at your virtual fingertips!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jimmy Dean®. All opinions are entirely my own.