Yes! Blueberry Shortcake is a thing, and it’s delicious!
November is a big month for me in the Nerd World because it means a new Marvel movie (hello, Dr Strange!), a new movie in the Harry Potter universe (jumping up and down over here), and a Gilmore Girls revival (oh how I’ve missed my old friends!). Seriously, it’s a big month for The Love Nerds. I will be spending Thanksgiving weekend anxiously awaiting to hear the final four words of Gilmore Girls and enjoying Sookie’s Blueberry Shortcake!
If you don’t remember Sookie’s Blueberry Shortcake, watch “Kill Me Now!” Sookie has plans on making Strawberry Shortcake for a wedding at the Independence Inn but Jackson only has blueberries. She is all worked up in normal Sookie fashion, claiming “there’s no such thing” as blueberry shortcake. Well, she had to make it work, and it is delicious! Lorelai even claims it is a new Stars Hallow specialty when she brings “used” Blueberry Shortcake to Friday Night Dinner.
Leftover. Used. Or straight from the oven, this Blueberry Shortcake is delicious and makes the perfect viewing party dessert!
Shortcake is easier to make than you might think, especially if you use the Easiest Shortcake Biscuits Recipe! If you follow along on The Love Nerds, you know that I love shortcut recipes. We are all really busy, and while I love adding special touches to moments, like tasty desserts, I don’t always have time to make everything from scratch. This shortcut offers sweet, tender shortcake biscuits without a lot of time, and stabilized whipped cream makes the perfect topping. Now … to Sookie’s Blueberry Shortcake Recipe!
- 1 Batch of Easiest Shortcake Biscuits
- 1 can of blueberry pie filling
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (dry)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 c confectioners' sugar (or to taste)
- Put all whipping cream, vanilla pudding mix, vanilla extract, and confectioners sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until ingredients are combined and then mix on high until soft peaks form. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to get all ingredients. (Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
- Layer the Shortcake Biscuits with the Blueberry Pie Filling, then top with the whipped cream!
You might also find these other Gilmore Girls posts fun and inspiring!