Take Lunch to the Next Level with this Tasty Veggie and Cream Cheese Turkey Bagel Sandwich!
Lunch is easily the hardest meal of the day for me. Not in terms of prep time because dinner will usually always take over that category, but in terms of boringness. There are weeks where I eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day of the week. Yup, every single day I’m eating the same lunch I probably had when I was 5. It starts to get to me after awhile. When I worked out of the home, lunch had a bit more variety.
Therefore, lunch is the hardest meal of the day in terms of creativity vs available time and groceries. Lunch has the ability to be downright revitalizing when it consists of this Veggie and Cream Cheese Turkey Bagel Sandwich.
This lunch bagel sandwich is inspired by a sandwich I used to get at a bagel shop near an old office I worked at with my sister. I either ordered a turkey and cream cheese bagel sandwich with my veggies of choice for the day OR a scrambled egg bagel sandwich. (Both are delicious, btw!)
When I treat myself and make sure I have better lunch groceries in the fridge and take the time to make this Veggie and Cream Cheese Turkey Bagel Sandwich – with cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados and even a slice of swiss to go along with the cream cheese – I feel better. I feel like I can actually tackle the afternoon, even when it includes a teething 4 month old, a couple loads of laundry, post staging, photo editing, and dinner prep. It’s amazing how one shift in lunch can make you feel empowered to tackle the world. Yes, I know I’m being a little dramatic but it’s how I really feel.
Taking the time to do this is an important part of self care. When I was in the worst weeks of sleep deprivation and exhaustion, food is one of the first things that went. I wasn’t making healthy meals. I wasn’t even taking the time to sit down, take a deep breath and eat for 5 minutes. Food is self-care and we all deserve the extra few minutes it takes to make something delicious, whether it’s a loaded salad, a fun purchase out, or this Veggie and Cream Cheese Turkey Bagel Sandwich.
- Asiago Cheese Bagel (or flavor of your choice)
- Cream Cheese
- Swiss (or type of your choice)
- Customize, of course, with your preferred toppings like sprouts, spinach, etc.
- Slice and toast your bagel.
- Spread thick layer of cream cheese and add all your toppings of choice!
Remember, take time to enjoy lunch, even when you are at home, at least once a week! I strongly believe it will make you feel happier and better balanced.
ITEMS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Bagel Toaster
- Nordic by Nature Big Insulated Extra Large Neoprene Lunch Bag Set
- Nordic By Nature Premium Black Metal Sandwich & Snack Bags | Resealable, Reusable and Dishwasher Safe
- OXO Good Grips Leakproof On-The-Go Lunch Container
- Beating the Lunch Box Blues: Fresh Ideas for Lunches on the Go!
- The Just Bento Cookbook: Everyday Lunches To Go
- Best Lunch Box Ever: Ideas and Recipes for School Lunches Kids Will Love
- The Best Homemade Kids’ Lunches on the Planet: Make Lunches Your Kids Will Love with More Than 200 Deliciously Nutritious Meal Ideas
- Easy Lunch Cookbook: 50 Simple and Delicious Lunch Recipes