Cream Cheese and Dill Veggie Pizza makes a fresh and colorful appetizer!!
I come from a family that provides way too much food at all times. I admit it. For holidays and parties, we love to have lots of different types of appetizers or treats so that everyone can find something they love. Part of this is fear of picky eaters; we fear not offering something for everyone to enjoy. Part of it is we like options and a couple of those options need to be lighter or at least healthier than the other options.
This Cream Cheese and Dill Veggie Pizza appetizer is perfect for that! While I love my Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Toasted Ravioli or Loaded Baked Potato Dip, this veggie pizza doesn’t make me feel quite as full or heavy. It’s light, creamy, and colorful – which I love! So colorful in fact that I made it for an Inside Out Party (check down below for a photo!).
Plus, I’m a sucker for dill.
You will love it because it’s also easy to make. I used the newer Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheets which I think is the best thing since sliced bread. No more smushing down the seams of triangles to make a full sheet. After baking the crust ahead of time, my 13 year old niece made the rest of this. She made the spread, cut up the veggies, everything!
- Savings on 3 ingredient(s) Enter Zip to change location: Go
- cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ Place 'n Bake™ refrigerated crescent rounds or Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 sheet of Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet
- ¼ C sour cream
- ½ tsp dried dill weed
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ C small raw broccoli florets
- 7 oz quartered cherry tomatoes
- ⅛ C shredded cabbage
- ½ C diced yellow bell pepper
- OTHER TOPPING OPTIONS: shredded carrots, purple cauliflower, any bell pepper, cucumbers
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll can of crescent dough sheet. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray then place dough by pressing into sheet. Slightly roll up sides to form a crust.
- Bake crust 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic powder until smooth. Then, spread over crust, avoiding the folded over crust edge.
- Top with vegetables, making sure to spread out the veggies.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate before serving.
When brainstorming for the Inside Out Party I will be sharing on the blog later this week, I was trying to come up with the perfect recipe to make. Then, my niece said “broccoli pizza.” Of course as a proud Chicago resident who is surrounded by amazing pizza that does not involve cooked broccoli, I wasn’t going to go down that path. It weirds me out. It did make me think of this fresh veggie appetizer pizza though the family makes, and I love how it turned out for the party!