Enjoy shortcake in no time by making the easiest shortcake biscuits!
There are times where I love making recipes from scratch without any shortcakes, such as my Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes or my Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes (I think I might have pancakes on the brain!). I appreciate complicated recipes and love tackling them on a slow night, testing my culinary skills. But that doesn’t match my every day life. Every day Maggie loves short cuts, easy recipes, and straight up culinary cheats. Every day Maggie needs help saving any extra second that she can in her day, which is where this recipe for the Easiest Shortcake Biscuits comes into play.
There are plenty of recipes for shortcake biscuits that require lots of measuring and mixing, and I bet they are fabulous. My Easiest Shortcake Biscuits require a can of homestyle biscuits, some butter, and sugar. That’s it!
I know it doesn’t sound like much and that you are probably skeptical that butter and sugar alone can transform biscuits into a shortcake dessert but it’s true! These shortcake biscuits are tender, fluffy, and just the right amount of sweet. And the best part? It takes about 5 minutes of prep work and only 15 minutes in the oven. It’s an awesome recipe shortcut!
- 1 can refrigerated homestyle biscuits make sure there is no butter inside the biscuits
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 c sugar
- Dip tops and sides of each biscuit in the melted butter and then dip in the sugar to coat.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and enjoy on their own or with tasty shortcake filling!