When I made this Minnie Mouse onesie for my niece, I was trying to come up with an easy embellishment to make out of the red and white polka dot ribbon I bought. I’ve been experimenting for awhile with different techniques to make flowers and bows, but I’ll be honest, I have often failed! Lots and lots of Pinterest fails! I promise that this is fail proof though.
Fabric or Taffy Glue
Needle and thread
1. Cut 4 pieces of ribbon to your desired size. The width of your flower is the piece of ribbon folded in half.
2. Use a little bit of glue to attach the ends of the ribbon together, making a loop.
3. Thread your needle and bring it up through the stack of four ribbon loops. In order to hide the seams, make sure the needle goes through that portion of the loop and that the seams are on the bottom. Spread out your loops into different directions to make the flower design and then bring the thread back down through the stack to secure the design.
4. Then, attach the button to finish off the embellishment. I normally just use the same strand of thread for this whole process, so, at this point, I just bring the needle back up and through a button hole. Then, back down through another.
5. At this point, I use the same thread again to attach to the design. You can see the tutorial for the Minnie Mouse design, using Freezer Paper, on the blog here!
I would love for you to connect with me below!
I link up to the following parties, including Serenity Now, Shabby Nest, Whipperberry, Homecoming, Homestories A to Z, Finding Silver Pennies, Organizing Junkie, The Weekly Creative, Thirty Handmade Days, the Monthly Pinterest Challenge, and Inspire Me Please.