Hi! I’m Alli from Cupcake Diaries and I am thrilled to be here at The Love Nerds celebrating all the March birthdays! I love to cook, bake, throw parties, and tell all about it on my blog. I’m all about easy recipes that the whole family will love. Even the kiddos! From cupcakes to crock pots and everything in between.
I love all kinds of treats. I have such a hard time not eating the entire batch when I make any kind of treat. We end up having to give everything away or we’ll eat it all. It was an extra tempting day when I made these Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats. They’re perfectly chewy and taste just like a piece of funfetti birthday cake in a rice krispy treat. They are SO good! These yummy little treats are so easy to make and so incredibly delicious you may cry a little. And they’re such a good option for a birthday party! Kids and adults will love them.
- 6 c. rice krispies cereal
- 1½ bags mini marshmallows
- 1½ c. funfetti cake mix
- ¼ c. butter, plus extra to grease pan
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- birthday sprinkles
- Grease a 9x13 pan with butter; set aside. Melt butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Pour into a large mixing bowl and place marshmallows right over top. Mix together to coat marshmallows with melted butter.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat for 30 seconds; remove from microwave and stir. Heat for 30 more seconds and stir again until marshmallows are melted. Add cake mix and stir well.
- Pour rice krispies into melted marshmallows mixture. Stir until cereal is coated. Press treat mixture into greased pan, getting your hand wet first to avoid get the mixture stuck on your hand. Sprinkle with desired amount of sprinkles. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Cut treats into 20-24 squares and place upside down on wax paper. Pour white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl; heat for 45 seconds then stir. Heat for another 45 seconds and stir again, until chocolate is melted.
- Dip the bottom of each treat into the white chocolate and place upside down on the wax paper to cool. Serve when chocolate has completely cooled. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you like this one, you will love this no bake favorite. They’re perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!