I’m sharing one of my favorite appetizers with all of you – Mini Caprese Cups! Yum
My favorite appetizers at parties are bite size ones. I don’t always want to be stuck holding a plate for a long time, and, if there are not a lot of places to sit, dips can be hard to eat when you also have a drink to hold. ‘Thus, bite size! These bite size caprese cups were delicious! The pesto offered the perfect amount of flavor to the puff pastry, while the tomatoes made them fresh and a little bit juicy. They were amazing right out of the oven, but they are the perfect party treat because they were still amazing after they had been sitting out for awhile. I plan on making some of these to bring to my own family Thanksgiving and definitely think you should give them a try as well.
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 10 Cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- Fresh Mozzarella Pearls (halved)
- Pesto Sauce
- Fresh Basil (chopped into thin strips)
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (optional)
- Let Puff Pastry Sheet thaw slightly, making it easier to unfold and manipulate.
- Spread the pesto sauce onto the puff pastry sheet, then cut into about 16 pieces. I find this easiest with a pizza cutter!
- Prep mini-muffin pan by adding cooking spray into each of the cups.
- Place each square into one of the cups. I usually stretch each square just a little before putting them into the cup.
- Add 2-3 tomatoes pieces and 1-2 pieces of mozzarella into each up. Garnish with basil if desired!
- Bake at 400 for 10-13 minutes.