Orange Mint Pasta Recipe is a citrus pasta recipe that’s a refreshing and light dinner idea! Makes the perfect spring pasta recipe and summer pasta recipe! Though honestly, I love it all year long!
This Orange Mint Pasta is the Perfect Pasta Recipe for Spring and Summer!
I started this post off by saying that this Orange Mint Pasta is the perfect Spring pasta or Summer pasta, because it is, but really I love it all year long.
In fact, the first time I enjoyed this recipe was in winter. A friend made it for us when we went over to her house for dinner, and it was such a light, refreshing pasta recipe that I immediately became obsessed!
In the summer, it’s a lighter pasta dish without a heavy sauce. In winter, it offers a cheery, refreshing taste of citrus that makes you think warmer weather. Because I’m the kind of person that always thinks sunshine and beaches while enjoying citrus. It just makes me feel brighter.
You hear orange and mint together for a pasta dish and might be skeptical at first, especially if you think about taking a sip of orange juice after you brushed your teeth. But that horrible combination doesn’t derive from fresh mint.
Fresh Mint and Orange make a delicious, refreshing pair you are going to love!!!
Lime and mint are definitely the more popular combination, just take a look at this tasty Mojito Water, but give orange and mint a try. They’ve been given a bad rap! The orange offers a wonderful tangy flavor while the mint adds a wonderfully refreshing touch.
This is one of those recipes that immediately becomes a favorite for in our household because it feels upscale, tastes delicious, but only takes around 15 minutes of cook time. We are often short on time but even a frozen pizza takes longer to make. Isn’t homemade worth it when it came be made that quickly with fresh ingredients?
The best part? Serve this up for friends and family, like our friend did, and they will surely be impressed.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE OTHER PASTA RECIPES:
Let’s Cook Up a Batch of Refreshing Orange Mint Pasta!
Orange Mint Pasta Recipe is a citrus pasta recipe that's a refreshing and light dinner idea! Makes the perfect spring pasta recipe and summer pasta recipe! Though honestly, I love it all year long!
- 1 box fettuccini noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons orange zest
- 3 teaspoons finely shredded fresh mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan
- Cook pasta based on box directions.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Stir in orange zest and mint (save just a little for a garnish if desired) as well as salt and pepper (I start with a pinch of salt and 4 turns of my pepper grinder to start. You can add more later if desired.). Only cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in orange juice and cook until it's reduced to about half it's volume and has thickened slightly. Remove skillet from heat source.
- When pasta is cooked al dente, drain it and then toss in the sauce.
- Top with grated cheese and any remaining zest and mint as a garnish.