Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches are a delicious dinner and are perfect for a party!
We were having friends come over this past weekend for a game night (side not: Oh how I love Pandemic Legacy y’all!) so I decided it was time to try out a new recipe. I wanted something easy since we’d be busy playing our board game, plus I wanted something that would be great for a crowd with the Super Bowl coming up. Let me tell you – these Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches turned out better than I imagined! (Here is my slow cooker if you are looking!)
Italian beef is a Chicago staple that Bryan did not grow up eating. I, however, had Italian Beef at almost every graduation party I have ever attended because everyone got it from Portillos Catering. Homemade is always better though and it really did not take a lot of work. I tossed everything into the crock pot, added the meat and let it cook all day. Then I just needed to shred the meat when it was done cooking which only takes a few minutes.
- 3-5 lb chuck roast
- 14 oz beef broth
- 1 dry packet Zesty Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 Jar Giardiniera (mild or spicy to taste)
- Pepper to Taste
- French Rolls
- Optional Toppings: Giardiniera, Pepperoncini, Pepper Jack Cheese
- Add broth, dressing packet, and giardiniera to the slower cooker and stir. Then, add the roast.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Take meat out, remove fat, and use two forks to shred.
- Serve on a french bread roll and add wanted toppings.
ITEMS HELPFUL FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE:
- Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker With Temperature Probe, 6-Quart
- Hamilton Beach Travel Case & Carrier Insulated Bag
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners 2 Pack
- Pulled Pork Shredder Claws
- SWEET BABY RAY’S Sweet N’ Spicy BBQ Sauce
GREAT SLOW COOKER COOK BOOKS:
- 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook: Quick and Easy 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Cookbook for Two
- Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!
- The Meat Lover’s Slow Cooker Cookbook: Hearty, Easy Meals Cooked Low and Slow
- American Heart Association Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook
- 50 Simple Soups for the Slow Cooker