I’m sharing one of my favorite appetizers with all of you – Mini Caprese Cups!
My favorite appetizers at parties are bite size ones. I don’t always want to be stuck holding a plate for a long time, and, if there are not a lot of places to sit, dips can be hard to eat when you also have a drink to hold. ‘Thus, bite size! These bite size caprese cups were delicious! The pesto offered the perfect amount of flavor to the puff pastry, while the tomatoes made them fresh and a little bit juicy. They were amazing right out of the oven, but they are the perfect party treat because they were still amazing after they had been sitting out for awhile. I plan on making some of these to bring to my own family Thanksgiving and definitely think you should give them a try as well.
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Pesto Sauce
- Let Puff Pastry Sheet thaw a little, spread the pesto sauce onto the sheet, then cut into about 16 pieces.
- Lightly spray cooking spray into each of the cups of the mini-muffin pan.
- Put each square into one of the cups. I usually stretch each square just a little before putting them into the cup.
- Quarter the tomatoes, and put 2-3 pieces into each one.
- Break off little pieces of mozzarella and put two into each one.
- Bake at 400 for 10-13 minutes.