I’m adding a new margarita recipe to the blog, and this time it’s a sparkling margarita just in time for New Year’s Eve! Add this Champagne Margarita Recipe to your party menu for a champagne cocktail that’s perfectly sweet and sour!
Ring in the New Year with a festive Sparkling Margarita!
I think I might be in search of the best margarita recipe! If you had asked my husband a year ago what my go-to drink was, he never would have said a margarita. They just weren’t on my radar. But I’ve definitely become a margarita convert, especially after my White Cranberry Margaritas and these Champagne Margaritas!
This champagne cocktail takes a very basic margarita, which is already amazing, and adds some bubbles! It somehow makes the margarita feel lighter to me, and it’s the perfect party cocktail to sip on during the evening festivities.
How to Rim a Glass with Salt or Sugar for your Margarita Recipes:
- For this sparkling margarita recipe, I recommend using either a lime and running it along the edge of the glass or using simple syrup, which is my go-to method for any cocktail. When using simple syrup, pour a little into a saucer and run the outside edges of the glass in the syrup.
- Try to avoid the inside rim of the glass as much as possible. It can quickly become a salt water margarita if too much salt gets on the inside of the glass.
- Put your salt or sugar in a shallow bowl or a saucer and wiggle the edge of the glass into the topping . I like using a shallow bowl when my glass is small enough because I can tip all of the topper to one side and feel like I get better coverage.
- If rimming glasses in advance for a party, I recommend only rimming half the glass because I’ve found some people don’t appreciate a rimmed glass. Still looks pretty but gives people the choice to enjoy the cocktail without it.
Items Helpful For Making Your Cocktail Recipes:
- Rose Gold Cocktail Shaker and Double Sided Jigger
- Margarita Glasses
- Recyclable Stemless Champagne Flutes
- Champagne Stopper
- Glass Pitcher
- 12″ Beverage Stirrer for Pitcher
You Might Also Enjoy These Other Champagne Cocktails:
- Sparkling White Sangria
- Berry Champagne Cocktail
- Ginger Champagne Cocktail
- Lavender Lemonade Prosecco Cocktail
- Grapefruit Sparkler
- Gold Champagne Cocktail
Now Let’s Toast to a Happy New Year with this Tasty Champagne Cocktail!
This champagne cocktail is perfectly sweet and sour and makes a great year round cocktail recipe. As a bubbly drink, this sparkling margarita is especially tasty for a New Year’s Eve toast!
- 1 part Tequila
- 1 part Triple Sec
- 2 parts Lime Juice
- 2 parts Champagne
- Lime Wedges to Garnish (optional)
- Salt or Sugar for Glass Rims (optional)
Rim your glasses with salt or sugar is desired. Tips provided above!
Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice and a few ice cubes to cocktail shaker and mix well.
Pour into glass and over ice if you like. Then top off with champagne!
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT INGREDIENT SIZES:
I have provided this recipe into easy equal parts, which means you can easily adapt to enjoying a single margarita to margaritas for a crowd.
If you are making ONE CHAMPAGNE MARGARITA, you would use .75 ounces (or a small jigger) of tequila and triple sec and 1.5 (or one large jigger) of lime juice and champagne.
If you are making a PITCHER OF CHAMPAGNE MARGARITAS, you could use 1 cup of tequila and triple sec and 2 cups of lime juice and champagne.