A tasty new side dish that everyone will love – Zesty Ranch BLT Pasta Salad!
Do you ever get tired of the same old recipes? I feel like we are often in the rut making the same recipes over and over again and I just get a little bored. A classic Italian pasta salad usually hits the spot but I do sometimes want to change it up. With the majority of my family detesting mayo, options are slightly limited which is why I decided to use ranch. My family loves ranch!
I wanted the ranch to have a slightly lighter, thinner consistency in addition to a little kick, so I decided to make a combo of Ranch Dressing and Zesty Italian Dressing. I have a feeling I will be using this to toss from lunch pasta in the future.
- 1 cup Ranch
- ½ cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 16 ounces pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 12 slices bacon, drained, cooked, and crumbled
- 2 cups romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the Ranch Dressing and Zesty Italian Dressing.
- In a large pot, cook pasta until done. Do NOT overcook!
- Remove from heat, drain, and rinse under cold water.
- Add tomatoes and bacon. Season with pepper. Stir well.
- Add lettuce and dressing close to serving so that it does not become too soggy.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
I tried to toss everything as close to eating the dish as possible. Especially the lettuce! You don’t want it to get soggy. With that said, Bryan ate this pasta salad as tossed for almost a week after. Soggy lettuce doesn’t bother everyone equally.
I hope you enjoy!