Where are my Shark Week fans?! Shark parties make the perfect summer birthday party or pool party theme, especially during Shark Week! We’ve got you covered with drink recipes, snack ideas, and even fun party games!
Colorful Red and Blue Shark Party for Summer!
When I began planning our wedding, I discovered something about myself – I really love planning events. I love the little details that bring a theme to life or tie in a color scheme.
Party planning brings together the Type A, detailed oriented aspects of my personality as well as my creative side as I craft and bake myself to a fun party.
I always take any opportunity I can to get a little crafty with both decor and food choices, and with Shark Week coming, I was ready to start planning this fun Shark Party.
As a kid, I was obsessed with sharks and still am a little bit. I found them and all ocean life fascinating and would love to read up on them.
Shark Week is always a highlight for me every year. There is so much shark fun happening that I couldn’t possibly pass it up. I honestly can’t wait to share this love with my little boys soon!
Some people might see Shark Party and automatically think boy party. Not true! I would have loved this party theme as a little girl, especially with these fun aqua colors.
DECOR IDEAS FOR A SHARK PARTY
To add a look of water, I created a blue water backdrop from 3 different blue plastic table clothes. It makes an inexpensive but dramatic effect.
I made this tablecloth backdrop by taping the three layers together length wise and making 3 inch wide strips with at least a 5 inch order at the top to make it easier to manage later.
Then, I braid the strips together in about 5 inch sections, letting them hang loose after the braid.
I also decided to add a “life preserver” to the table as part of the water theme because I wanted a pop of red over the table.
I took a white styrofoam wreath and pinned 4 red strips of paper to the wreath. You could always use red burlap or ribbon to make the look.
The shark head seen on the table was made for the bean bag toss game below but also served as great shark decor in the meantime.
HERE ARE SOME EASY DECOR ITEMS YOU CAN PURCHASE FOR YOUR SHARK PARTY:
- Water Table Skirt – This is seriously the prettiest table skirt will full blue ruffles to look like water.
- Decorative Shark Banner – The banner is made from card stock sharks and blue paper circles that are sewn onto sturdy thread. It looks like a handmade DIY garland without the work. Perfect for decorating a cake table or hanging in the background for photos.
- Shark Balloons – Latex balloons with sharks printed on them in a few great blue colors!
- PIRATE SHARK LATEX BALLOON – A fun large balloon with pirate hat and eye patch!
FOOD IDEAS FOR THE SHARK PARTY
In choosing food for the party, I had two focuses:
- Water Theme.
Gold fish makes it really easy with lots of flavors and colors, including dessert gold fish. For a “Fish Bar”, I included Original and Garlic Parmesan Gold Fish as well as Swedish Fish.
Under “Fish Bait”, I put out gummy worms. Get it?!
Trail mixes or party mixes are some of my favorite recipes to make for parties because they are so easy to toss together and make either great leftovers or great good bags at the end.
Plus, I made an Ocean Water Blue Punch! This punch is regularly one of my most visited posts!
LOOKING FOR CUTE SHARK THEMED FOOD TREATS OR DECOR? HERE ARE SOME FUN OPTIONS TO BUY:
- SHARK FIN PICKS – Perfect as cupcake toppers or full on cake decor! A little blue icing for water with these shark fins makes a cute and easy birthday cake treat!
- SHARK COOKIE CUTTERS – Get a full shark cookie cutter as well as a shark fin cookie cutter! It’s not hard to make your own party sugar cookies with easy royal icing.
- SHARK GUMMIES – Easy to use as both food, favor and decor!
- SHARK ATTACK SPRINKLES
- Shark Lollipops – Cute lollipops make a great party favor and could also be used as a cupcake topper! Think how could it would be for their little heads to pop up over the icing.
SHARK PARTY FAVORS
I don’t really believe in crazy favors. I think it’s another way to add too many dollar signs to a party budget, but I do love giving away a few things.
I put together shark mason jars filled with some candy plus bough $.99 “Sea Urchins” from the party store. They serve as both favor and decor.
The plastic sea urchins in the jar also serve multiple purposes as decor, favor and even game item! It’s easy to use them as toss items for games since they are light and soft to throw.
HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE SHARK PARTY FAVORS YOU CAN PURCHASE FOR EASY PARTY PLANNING!
- SHARK HEAD PARTY FAVOR BAGS
- SHARK PARTY FAVOR BOXES
- SHARK HEAD MASKS
- JAWSOME RUBBER WRISTBANDS
- SEALIFE STICKER SHEETS
- SHARK PENS
- SHARK TEMPORARY TATTOOS
- MINI SHARK SQUIRTERS
SHARK PARTY GAMES
I made a Shark Toss Game for the party out of a large styrofoam board that was a ton of fun! Everyone wants to “feed” the shark.
I penciled a shark head shape onto the board and then cut it out, painting it gray afterwards except for the teeth, of course.
Use small bags to toss into the shark’s mouth. Even better if you could find fish shaped bags to toss.
SHORT ON TIME? HERE ARE SOME SHARK GAMES YOU CAN PURCHASE FOR YOUR PARTY!
- PIN THE FIN ON THE SHARK – Easy and quick game idea the kids will love.
- SHARK BEAN BAG TOSS – A tall game board with 3 different toss locations. Easy to hang this polyester game anywhere, including between trees.
- INFLATABLE SHARK BAG TOSS – Hosting a pool party? This game is perfect for pool time fun.
- HUNGRY SHARK SOFT DART GAME – Get tossing with these soft fish darts being thrown into a hungry shark’s mouth!
SHARK PARTY SUPPLIES
Creating a DIY Shark Party is not always possible and especially not for every single detail. Sometimes we just need fun, easy shark decorations for our party to magically arrive on our doorstep, preferably with prime.
I have shared a lot of easy options throughout the post under the specific categories but here are some other general party supplies, like plates and cups!
Chomp Chomp Party Supplies – Includes tablecloth, centerpiece, banner, tableware and birthday sticker for the guest of honor!
Shark Zone Party Supplies – This set has no decor but it does have amazing tableware! It will look perfect added to your own party supplies or added for a simple celebration.
Shark Piñata – This fun shark piñata works perfect as party decorations and party game!
FREE PRINTABLES FOR YOUR SHARK PARTY
Want some free printables for your own party? Make sure to download now! There are a couple different sign options plus an empty label template you can use for your own food titles.
PLANNING A BABY SHARK PARTY
We have so far missed the Baby Shark craze in this house, but I know many friends who are planning baby shark parties!
Many of the idea shared in this post could be applied to a baby shark party, especially the general decorations and ocean themed treats.
However, I also wanted to share some baby shark specific items you could use to fill in the more general ideas to create a stronger baby shark theme!
BABY SHARK ITEMS TO MAKE PARTY PLANNING EASIER:
- COMPLETE BABY SHARK PARTY SUPPLIES PACK – With a 132 pieces, this pack has almost everything you need including banner, hats, plates, utensils and more!
- FONDANT BABY SHARK CAKE TOPPERS – These are stunning fondant pieces and are a super easy way to give a simple, basic cake a decorative make over!
- BABY SHARK CUPCAKE TOPPERS – Cute animal cut outs for cupcake toppers! A fun and easy call out to Baby Shark.
- BABY SHARK CANDLE – This is a number candle made by an artisan on Amazon. It’s cute, unique and definitely a special touch!
- BABY SHARK LETTERS – Spell out your child’s name or the age they are turning for a personalized touch to your baby shark party!
- CUTE BABY SHARK OUTFIT – Sizes available for baby and toddler, this outfit is cute and perfect for boys and girls!
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE SHARK PARTY PRINTABLES NOW!