Celebrate Star Wars with Scruffy Looking Wookie Cookies!
“Who you calling scruffy looking?” Or I guess more what in this case… I am sharing Star Wars Scruffy Looking Wookie Cookie that are meant to honor good old Chewy! As is often the case, these cookies did not turn out the way I planned. Just because I cook for my job, it doesn’t mean everything works out every time.
I had intentionally meant to make these Wookie Cookies with a “fur”/grass technique. The icing was a disaster. It came through the little holes of the icing tip with a vertical motion, puling the icing upward, and it just merged all together. I made the icing thicker; it still happened. Instead, I smoothed the brown icing onto the cookie and then used the same icing tip with all the little holes and spread it across the brown icing to make them scruffy! I used Wilton Tip 233.
The cookie itself is a delicious sugar cookie that we make for special occasions. While I love our Classic Sugar Cookies recipe with just a sprinkle of sugar on top, these are perfect sugar cookies for icing! We made them as Marvel superheroes for our rehearsal dinner, Kitchenaid mixers for my cousin’s bridal shower, and so on. They are perfect for every occasion, but especially as Star Wars cookies.
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 2 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c powder sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp light corn syrup
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Then add vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine well. I usually add the flour at first and then the other half.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400. Roll out dough on floured surface and cut into desired shapes. Bake 6-8 minutes.
- Recipe yields 5-6 dozen depending on thickness of cookies.
- FROSTING: Stir sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until smoothy and glossy. Add coloring if desired.
- If too thick, add more corn syrup. If too thin, add more powdered sugar.
If you love Star Wars or these cookies, you might be interested in:
- Wilton Tip 233 for grass , Wilton Disposable Pastry Bags and Wilton Decorating Couplers
- Star Wars Gift Guide
- Star Wars Cookie Cutters: Gingerbread Characters, 8 Piece Collection and SW Ships
- Star Wars Cake Pan
- Star Wars Death Star Ice Cube Sphere Mold Maker
- Star Wars R2-D2 Measuring Cup Set
- Lightsaber BBQ Tongs with Sounds
- Star Wars Cookbook
- Star Wars Pancake Molds
PLUS, I have other fun Star Wars ideas for you from some of my friends!
Enjoy these delicious recipes, perfect for a Star Wars movie night in or a Star Wars party, AND a fun free printable!
Star Wars Blue Milkshake from Sugar & Soul
Millennium Falcon Cake from Eat It & Say Yum
FREE “THAT’S NO MOON” STAR WARS-INSPIRED PRINTABLE from Merlot Mommy
If you like this recipe, you might like my other nerdy posts!