Simple & Sweet Cookie Butter Biscotti Recipe – Crunchy for dipping while sweet enough to enjoy on its own!
This summer has just been flying by. I know it’s cliche to say so, but it’s true. We are halfway through July, and summer is definitely speeding up in terms of events and to-do list items that need to be done. Through Labor Day, we still have our two baby showers – both out of town, two out of town weddings, two family birthday parties, one friend birthday, a cabin weekend away for Bryan, one more out of town guest, maternity photos and more! That doesn’t even cover the growing to-do list.
Despite all the craziness, I have been finding moments to just enjoy summer. So often the craze of everything takes us out of the moment. I wrote a post not too long ago about actively taking steps to be more grateful. It’s not an easy process and sometimes I totally fail like when I had a mini freak out last night because nothing would work and pregnancy felt really, really hard – but it’s a process worth doing, especially if you don’t want to be ruled by all the negativity out there.
Alright – enough of an update. Let’s get to this sweet Cookie Butter Biscotti recipe!
I find that most biscotti is either too dull for my every day taste or overly sweet being dipped in chocolate. They both have their place and I enjoy them when I’m in the mood, but not on a typical day. This Cookie Butter Biscotti offers the perfect balance. Simple, crunchy cookie that is perfect for dipping into coffee and definitely into hot chocolate with just enough sweetness from the cookie butter. If you have never tried cookie butter, you need to! End of story!
The best part about these and our busy schedule? They are easy to toss in a baggie and take on a busy schedule. It really doesn’t have to be hard to be good to yourself on a busy schedule! The little things do matter.
- ¾ c sugar
- ¼ c brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1¼ c flour
- 3 tbsp Cookie Butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ tsp vanilla
- milk as needed
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a different bowl, whisk together for a couple minutes the cookie butter, egg, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Use your hands to really combine all the ingredients. Dough should be a little sticky. If you find the dough too dry, add ½ tbsp of milk at a time to the mixture.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Then, take the dough and shape it into a long rectangle about 2 inches thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Dough should be mostly set with a set edges. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 300F. Slice your dough into half inch pieces and place back onto the parchment paper. Bake for another 20 minutes or until your desired level of golden color.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
KITCHENAID FLEX EDGE BEATER <— NEW FAVORITE KITCHENAID ATTACHEMENT