Be Our Guest and Try this Grey Stuff Recipe! It’s delicious!
Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie of all times. I think like many girls my age, I saw a strong, witty, powerful female character on the screen and immediately felt like I could do anything. Plus the fact that she was a book nerd like me helped ensure her as my favorite for always! As an adult, I still see the strength she brings to the screen as a role model for girls and boys alike and am thrilled about seeing a live action version with Hermione (I mean Emma Watson). Side Note: When the announcement was made that Emma Watson would be playing Belle, my sister texted me with something like “Hermione and Belle Unite! Does nerdy life get much better for you?”
As a Beauty and the Beast fan and an even bigger Disney World fan girl, visiting the Be Our Guest restaurant was a dream come true. I am sure some of you think I am just being a little dramatic, but it’s true. Walking into the ballroom and seeing the large chandeliers over head as well as the little cherubs takes your breath away. They did such an amazing job bringing the movie to life for all the Disney World visitors from the gorgeous details in the ballroom to the magical details in the West Wing and of course to the food! You must try the Grey Stuff. It’s delicious!
When deciding to post with my friends, I knew I wanted to make a copycat Be Your Guest Grey Stuff Recipe because it really was that delicious folks! No joke! In looking over the ingredients, you can see it has the flavor of cookies and cream all delightfully whipped on top of even more chocolatey goodness!
The surprising thing for me is that I couldn’t find a picture of my dessert from our trip. I notoriosly take pictures of all my food while traveling in addition to the food of those traveling with me, but I have nothing for the Grey Stuff. I must have been too excited to try it! I do remember it coming on top of a chocolate bar of some sort so I’ve decided to use a brownie here for my copycat recipe. If anyone has been recently and remembers more clearly than I do, please leave a comment below!
Regardless of whether Be Our Guest restaurant uses a brownie or another chocolate base for the Grey Stuff, I promise you the dishes will say it’s delicious!
- 2 boxes of brownies, prepared by box instructions and both added to 9x13 for thicker brownies.
- 1 small pkg (3.4 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1½ cups milk (I used Skim)
- 20 Oreos
- 1 8 oz tub Cool Whip, slightly thawed
- Metallic Pearl Sprinkles for the top
- Bake brownies per box instructions OR per recipe and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Whisk together well and then chill for 8-10 minutes in the fridge.
- Place Oreos in your food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. You don't want any large pieces.
- Add the finely crushed Oreos to the pudding mixture and combine.
- Fold in Cool Whip until well combined, stirring the least amount as possible.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- Cut brownies into thin long strips or other desired shape for the base of the Grey Stuff.
- When ready to serve, place the Grey Stuff in a piping bag and add dollops to the top of the brownies and then garnish with sprinkles. OR if you decide not to serve with brownies, create a dollop on plate and swirl around until desired amount and design.
Now, to more Beauty and the Beast ideas from my blogging friends!
Be Our Guest Grey Stuff Recipe | The Love Nerds
Beauty and the Beast Oreo Pops | Happiness is Homemade
Beauty and the Beast Cupcakes | Cupcake Diaries
Faux Wood Beauty and the Beast Earrings | Simply Made Fun
Chip Beauty and the Beast Necklace | The Benson Street
“The Grey Stuff” Mousse Teacups | Sprinkle Some Fun
Easy DIY Beauty and the Beast Shirts | Play Party Plan
Belle Cupcakes – Beauty and the Beast | Kid’s Fun Review
Beauty and the Beast Rose Necklace | My Mom Made That