Fresh and delicious Avocado Bruschetta Crostinis!
I have been on a crostinis kick lately. First it started with the Peach Prosciutto Goat Cheese Crostinis, which were a big hit, and now these Avocado Bruschetta Crostinis. They are so fresh and light, making it perfect for a warm summer night.
I made these for a date night dinner last month. We don’t normally have an “appetizer” hour. If we do, it’s usually some chips because dinner is taking way long than expected and I’m starving. But every once in awhile, I like to make dinner a bit more special. I feel like Bryan and I have been passing ships in the night a lot lately, which is fine. It happens. When it does though, I put in a little extra effort for our time together. These were made for that type of night.
- 1/2 loaf french bread or 1 petite loaf sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 avocados
- juice of ¼ lime
- 10-15 oz cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- salt and papper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Make Crostinis: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange baguette slices on baking sheets and brush both sides with oil. Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. If undersides are not browning, turn crostini over once during baking.
- Mash avocado. Add lime juice. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix tomatoes, red onion, salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil.
- To assemble: spread avocado mixture over the toast and top with tomato bruschetta.