BBQ BACON CHEESEBURGER MAKES A PARTY FOR THE BIG GAME BETTER, EVEN FOR NON-FOOTBALL FANS!
I am going to be honest, I’m not a huge football fan. I always enjoyed going to high school football games, feeling the energy of the crowd, and hanging out with friends, but I never spent much time watching the game. I remember many Sundays with games on all day, but my nose was in a book instead. So when I told my family this weekend that I was hosting a party for the Big Game this weekend, they all got a good chuckle.
A football party includes all the things I love though – friends, a fun day inside in the winter, and awesome food! We actually have friends coming in from Iowa, so I’m really happy we get to see them and spend time together. Plus I like watching the commercials and half time show and having an excuse to make cute decor. You see, it’s really about the party aspect of the Big Game Party for me.
That’s not true for my husband; he loves the actual game part. Bryan watches football every Sunday and even won his Fantasy Football league this year. I’ve actually watched more football this year for him than I probably ever have in my entire life. I’m learning why they always seem to be standing around all the time. 😉
So if throwing a party for the Big Game makes him happy, that is a very small price to pay .. especially if it includes this BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Dip!
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 8 bacon strips chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened and cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 BBQ sauce of choice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
Thoroughly cook ground beef. When done cooking, drain meat.
Add all ingredients to your crock pot.
Cook on high for 1 hour, stir well, and then reduce heat to low stirring occasionally.
This dip is definitely better kept warm in a crock pot. However, if you don’t have a large crock pot to cook it in and are worried about size, you could also prep it on the stove and melt everything together and then transfer it over to one of the smaller crock pots. This is something I plan on doing for our party with any dips because my Sweet and Sour Meatballs will be in our big crock pot.
ITEMS HELPFUL FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE:
- Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker With Temperature Probe, 6-Quart
- Hamilton Beach Travel Case & Carrier Insulated Bag
- NutriChef 2 Pot Electric Slow Cooker Crock Pot Food Warmer
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners 2 Pack
- Pulled Pork Shredder Claws
- SWEET BABY RAY’S Sweet N’ Spicy BBQ Sauce
GREAT SLOW COOKER COOK BOOKS:
- 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook: Quick and Easy 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Cookbook for Two
- Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!
- The Meat Lover’s Slow Cooker Cookbook: Hearty, Easy Meals Cooked Low and Slow
- American Heart Association Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook
- 50 Simple Soups for the Slow Cooker