At home date nights deserve a delicious Cherry Crisp for Two dessert recipe!
While I love ending date night at home with a dessert, I hate having leftovers in the house forever. When you work from home, having yummy treats laying around is a bit too trying on the will power. So I’ve decided to spend some time this year creating Dessert Recipes for Two and this Cherry Crisp for Two is perfect for Valentine’s Day. (His love for cherries is also why I made Mini Oreo Cherry Cheesecakes a couple years ago – YUM!)
We avoid going out to restaurants on Valentine’s Day. For one, it isn’t a big holiday in this house. We use it as an excuse for a fun date night, but we don’t exchange gifts or anything like that. Two, over crowded restaurants don’t exactly say romance. It’s still just us, so a nice dinner at home is our go to. Since Bryan loves cherry recipes, I thought a quick Cherry Crisp would be perfect. It is red after all!
The best thing about this recipe is it really is quick to put together. Quickly toss the cherries with a couple ingredients and quickly toss the dry ingredients together, and that really is all the prep you need to do. Since cherries aren’t in season right now, I used canned, and it still tasted delicious!
- 1 c cherry pie filling
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c oats
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- in a small bowl, mix together the cherry filling.
- In a medium bowl, mix together your dried ingredients for the crisp topping. Add in the softened butter. Using your fingers, pinch the flour/sugar mixture into the butter until large crumbs form.
- Spray two ramekins with cooking spray.
- Add a little bit of the crisp topping into the bottom, then add the cherry filling, and finally top with the rest of your desired amount of crisp topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.