Easy and delicious new dinner for you – Chicken and Brown Rice Burrito Bowls Recipe!
Now that it is getting warmer outside, I am looking for easy, light meals for us to make. Bonus if we don’t need to have the oven on for hours and if it makes lots of leftovers for easy meals later in the week. This is the time of year to be outside – NOT to be spending hours in the kitchen. These Chicken and Brown Rice Burrito Bowls meet all those requirements!
I honestly don’t know what I would do without my crock pot in the summer or without easy ingredients like Minute® Rice. We always have Minute® 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice at home. It is one of our go-to options for it’s easy prep (10 minutes), and I love that it adds some nutritious value to our dinners.
These burrito bowls have definitely become a favorite meal of mine. I like to make tortilla bowls to go with them. They are good for serving them, but I also like to break them off into chunks and scoop up the yummy chicken and brown rice filling. I will show you in a post soon how to make these if you don’t know already! I like them because they feel much healthier than using tortilla chips, especially with less salt.
- 2 lbs skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- around 1 cup chicken stock
- Seasoned Salt
- Minute® Rice Brown Rice
- Suggested Toppings: Black Beans Cheese, Fresh Corn, Diced Tomatoes and Avocado
Place cleaned chicken into the crock pot and add chicken stock. Chicken stock should come to the top of the chicken. Sprinkle an even layer of Season Salt on top (or another seasoning of your choice). Cook chicken on chicken for 3- 4 hours on high and 5-6 hours on low.
When you are getting close to eating, prepare Minute® Rice Brown Rice.
When ready, take out chicken and use forks to shred.
Serve shredded chicken and rice with toppings of your choice.
For recipe ideas and special offers from Minute® Rice straight sent to your inbox, join The Recipe Club®. Plus, visit the Minute® Rice site for over 400 recipe ideas that are great for any day of the week. You can also find more information about the Minute® Rice family of products over there.
ITEMS HELPFUL FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE:
- Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker With Temperature Probe, 6-Quart
- Hamilton Beach Travel Case & Carrier Insulated Bag
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners 2 Pack
- Pulled Meat Shredder Claws
GREAT SLOW COOKER COOK BOOKS:
- 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook: Quick and Easy 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Cookbook for Two
- Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!
- The Meat Lover’s Slow Cooker Cookbook: Hearty, Easy Meals Cooked Low and Slow
- American Heart Association Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook
- 50 Simple Soups for the Slow Cooker
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY MY OTHER SLOW COOKER RECIPES, INCLUDING MY MOST POPULAR ROUND UP OF OVER 20 DINNER RECIPES USING LEFTOVER CHICKEN!
JOIN OUR EMAIL COMMUNITY!
Join our Awesome Nerd Community for new content updates as well as our FLASH FREEBIES!
When you confirm your subscription, you will be taken to a confirmation page with a link to all the current flash freebies to download! Already subscribed but missed the flash freebie email? Simply confirm your subscription again for download access!
Leave a Reply