Looking for easy and colorful Valentine’s Day treats for kids?! These Chocolate Dipped Sugar Wafers are ready in now time and kids will have a ton of fun decorating these wafer cookies with colorful candy melts, sprinkles and more!
Chocolate Dipped Wafer Cookies is a super easy Valentine’s Day Treat the kids will love decorating!!
Everyone I talk to seems to be in a bit of a slump lately. I think it’s normal this time of year as we’re half way through winter and fighting off the Winter Blues, but I also think the older my circle gets, the harder it is to find a balance between word, to-do lists, and personal happiness. We always have so much that we should do that we forget about the things we want to do. I decided I needed some relaxed time in the kitchen making something fun and colorful for Valentine’s Day and these Chocolate Dipped Sugar Wafers were the result.
Sugar Wafers are a light cookie that my mom always loved. They’re sweet and crisp, and I thought they would make a perfect little Valentine’s Day treat. Even more importantly, they would make a quick and easy Valentine’s Day treat that kids would love to decorate and love to eat.
I dipped my wafer cookies in white chocolate and then decorated with Valentine’s Day sprinkles! If you are letting kids decorate, I recommend letting them pick out a few different sprinkles and a few Candy Melt colors: white, pink, red, purple or turquoise. They can even pick if they cant to use vanilla sugar wafers or strawberry sugar wafers. So many choices!
ITEMS FOR MAKING THIS VALENTINE’S DAY RECIPE:
- Vanilla Sugar Wafers or Strawberry Sugar Wafers
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles: Sweetheart Collection, Love Boat or Cupid’s Arrow
- Candy Melts in white, pink, red, purple or turquoise
- Parchment Paper
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE OTHER VALENTINE’S DAY TREATS:
- Mini Cheesecake Bites
- Conversation Heart Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Fruit Dip
- Valentine’s Apple Rose Tart
- Valentine’s Day Candy Cane Lollipops
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Pops
Time to Have Fun with the Kids Making These Chocolate Dipped Wafers Valentine’s Day Treat!
- 12 Sugar Wafers
- 8 ounces White Chocolate or Candy Melts
- 1/4 cup Sprinkles
- Melt your white chocolate or candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Start with one minute, stir, and then in 30 second intervals after until all melted and smooth.
- Dip Sugar Wafers half way into melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. Then add sprinkles.
- I recommend dipping no more than 3 before adding sprinkles so the chocolate doesn't cool and dry before adding the sprinkles. I also recommend adding the smallest sprinkles first and then larger ones for best sticking.
- Continue until done and let chocolate and sprinkles cool and set before enjoying.