Frosted Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups combine two favorite sweets – chocolate chip cookies and delicious chocolate fudge frosting! Ready in just 30 minutes, these frosted cookies are easy to make and enjoy for any occasion!
WHO WOULDN’T WANT FROSTED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CUPS?!
If I had a lot more free time during the day, or if baked treats had zero calories, I would probably bake every day. But that’s not the world we live in, so I’m excited when I have opportunities to bake for family and friends. Yummy treats are definitely meant to be shared like these Frosted Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups.
In the last couple of years, I’ve become a little obsessed with cookie cups. I’ve shared recipes before using Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough, so I decided it was time to make some cookie cups using Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and the whole household is happy I did!
Using the refrigerated dough makes cookie cup baking infinitely faster, which I am all about. So imagine how excited I got about also being able to use Pillsbury™ Filled Pastry Bags for the frosting! When I first saw these bags on the shelf this spring at Walmart, I bought every flavor – Vanilla, Cream Cheese, and the Chocolate Fudge I used for these frosted chocolate chip cookies.
I used the Cream Cheese Filled Pastry Bag to make my Carrot Cake Cookie Bars at Easter and loved how easy decorating dessert was! Any time I get back in the day without sacrificing flavor and quality is a huge win in my book. These Pastry Bags come with a built-in star tip, meaning you can make stars, rosettes, swirls and waves with the built in frosting tip. Plus, you can swap out for a different tip if you desire!
These easy treats are also toddler friendly for little hands to help make them! Liam “pushed” the cookie dough into place (aka he touched the dough after I put it into place) and then he helped squeeze the icing into a few cups. He thought the pastry bag was hilarious, and we had some fun giggles over frosting the cookie cups. It’s those little moments that make me love baking so much!
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THESE OTHER DESSERT RECIPES:
LET’S GET BAKING WITH PILLSBURY FOR YUMMY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH FROSTING!
- 1 roll Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Filled Pastry Bag
- Chocolate Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray mini cupcake pan. You do not want to soak the pan.
- Slice chocolate chip cookie dough in around 1/4" slices. Push one slice into each hole, pushing down lightly around edges. .
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and use a tart press or end of a knife or rolling pin to gently press the cookie down in the middle to make the cup shape. Don't press too hard or you will rip the cookie.
- Place back into oven for 1-3 minutes or until edges of cookie are golden brown.
- Remove from pan and let cookie cups completely cool in the pan.
- Once cooled gently remove from pan. The easiest way to do this without breaking the cups is gently pressing on the edges and spin them. They will loosen and you can easily slide them up and out.
- Once removed, add a dollop of frosting to each cookie cup for some extra chocolate goodness. Add some chocolate sprinkles and enjoy!