Hearty Slow Cooker Pot Roast is one of my all time favorite comfort meals!
Nerds, it’s winter, and I am NOT happy about it. Winter was so sluggish coming to Chicago with a lot of 50 degree days but not anymore. We have moved into the eternity stretch of below zero wind chill, snow, slippery ice, and so much darkness. Also known as my hermit series.
Cold winter months call for warm, hearty meals like this Slow Cooker Pot Roast. It has everything a comfort meal needs in my opinion – a savory and tender cut of meat, hearty potatoes, and a warm vegetable. I don’t need much else to feel content on a cold night. Plus, it is so easy to make. The longest part of prep is cleaning and cutting the potatoes and carrots.
- Beef Chuck Roast mine was 3-4 lb
- 1 lb carrots peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2-3 lb potatoes washed and cut into large chunks
- 3/4 c beef broth
- Add your prepared vegetables into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour in broth.
- Season roast with salt and pepper and place on top in slow cooker.
- Cook for 10 hours on low or 4-5 on high.
Slow cooker recipes are just the best! My mom would make this meal for us as a family all the time. She would throw it into the slow cooker in the morning, and it would be ready to go at dinner time. I think slow cookers meals will be a focus on the blog this year because I want more meal prep like this. I find that dinner time is far more stressful for my schedule than the morning and I too quickly fall into the trap of – “Oh shoot, I forgot I needed to make something for dinner. What are we going to have? Game.” The answer is usually cereal or a drive through.
Time Saving Tip: If mornings are busy, prep your veggies the night before so all you need to do in the morning is toss everything in!
ITEMS HELPFUL FOR MAKING SLOW COOKER RECIPES:
- Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker With Temperature Probe, 6-Quart
- Hamilton Beach Travel Case & Carrier Insulated Bag
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners 2 Pack
- Pulled Pork Shredder Claws
GREAT SLOW COOKER COOK BOOKS:
- 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook: Quick and Easy 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Cookbook for Two
- Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!
- The Meat Lover’s Slow Cooker Cookbook: Hearty, Easy Meals Cooked Low and Slow
- American Heart Association Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook
- 50 Simple Soups for the Slow Cooker