Breakfast is my favorite meal! I don’t always have time for it, but it is my favorite. These Homemade Egg McMuffin’s are great because they are quick to make and you can add your favorite toppings. I make these at least a couple of times a month.
The best part of making this sandwich is that the eggs can be cooked in the microwave. That’s right. MICROWAVE! It makes it so easy to prep this sandwich on a busy morning!
- English Muffins
- Desired Toppings: Cheese bacon, sausage, deli ham
- Put your english muffin in the toaster to the darkness you prefer. The Thomas light multi-grain muffins are my favorite!
- You want to find a small container about the width of your muffin. I generally use a ramekin.
- Spray your container with non-stick spray or use your preferred method for greasing the dish.
- Crack your egg in the container and lightly scramble. Add a little bit of pepper.
- Modify your microwave to a lower level; I put mine at .7. (see note below)
- Then, cook your egg for 45 seconds. If it needs to be cooked longer, add time in 10 second increments.
- As soon as the egg is done, I place the egg on the muffin and add a little bit of shredded cheese on top so it will melt a little.
- Add your preferred toppings, such as deli ham, bacon, and sausage.
Important Note: I modify my microwave to reduce the strength in order to prevent the egg from exploding in the microwave. If you don’t know how or can’t do this in your microwave, I would start at 30 seconds and add time in 10 second increments. Once you get it down and know the timing for your specific microwave, it will make it much faster in the future.