My obsession with mini cheesecakes continues with a tasty St. Patrick’s Day Cheesecake recipe – Mint Oreo Cheesecake! A creamy cheesecake filling with crushed Oreos is baked on top of a Mint Oreo crust. Add a little extra Mint Oreo crumble on top for a touch of green on this St. Patrick’s Day dessert everyone will love!
Mint Oreo Thins make Miniature Oreo Cheesecakes even better!
After making mint chocolate truffles a few weeks ago, I’ve been on a chocolate and mint kick. Since I’m a little obsessed with miniature cheesecakes and find almost any excuse to whip up a batch, I thought I would try my hand at Mint Oreo cheesecake. I’m glad I did!
Using thin mint Oreos is an easy way to add in the subtle flavor of mint to the creamy cheesecake filling and Oreo crust. You get both flavors in one ingredient! It doesn’t get much better than that when you are trying to make easy St. Patrick’s Day desserts because I certainly don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen. I like my recipes as simple as possible as often as possible.
HOW TO MAKE EASY OREO CRUST CHEESECAKES:
When I made my small 4″ Cherry Oreo Cheesecake, I used Oreo crumbs and butter to make an Oreo crust. It’s the same process for making a graham cracker crust, as well. You can read over to that post if you’d like to make the Oreo crust from scratch. However, I find that process to be more work than it’s worth when making mini cheesecakes in a muffin pan when there’s a much easier solution.
Oreo Thins, and for this recipe Mint Oreo Thins, fit perfectly inside a regular cupcake liner. The cheesecake filling will spread onto the sides of the cookie crust a little bit, but they will have a sturdy base and all the fabulous flavor of Mint Oreos!
ITEMS YOU MAY WANT WHILE MAKING THESE MINI CHEESECAKES:
- Wilton Muffin Pan
- St. Patrick’s Day Baking Kit
- Shamrock Cupcake Wrappers
- Food Processor
- KitchenAide Hand Mixer
- Mint Oreo Thins
YOU MIGHT ENJOY THESE OTHER ST. PATRICK’S DAY DESSERTS:
- Mint Chocolate Truffles
- Lucky Charms Puppy Chow
- Irish Cream Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Shamrock Shake (naturally colored)
- Grasshopper Fudge
Time to Bake Up These Tasty Mint Chocolate Cheesecakes!
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 box Mint Oreo Thins
- Prepare cupcake pan with cupcake liners and place a Mint Oreo Thin at the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Place around 6 Mint Oreo thins into food processor and pulse until they are crumbs. You need about 1/4 cup for cheesecake filling.
- Then, place around 6 more Mint Oreo thins into food processor and pulse a few times to get a rough chop of the Oreos. You want a mixture of sizes to place on the top of the cheesecake for filling.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and a little fluffy in texture. I use a hand mixer.
- Add sugar, egg, and lemon juice to the cream cheese and beat until smooth. Then stir in 1/4 cup Oreo crumbs.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cheesecake filling onto each Mint Oreo Thin then add some of the rough chopped Oreos on top of the filling.
- Bake at 350 F for 12-15 minutes until the cheesecake is set and only slightly jiggly.
- Let cool before enjoying. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.