I can’t believe I never shared these with all of you. I photographed them last fall and have made them many times since because they are one of my favorite appetizers – Spinach Dip Pastry Bites! There is very little prep work, plus they only take 15 minutes to bake in the oven. If it isn’t already, puff pastry should become your best friend for all (gluten) appetizers. I always have a couple boxes in my freezer for last minute recipes.
So I am sharing these Spinach Dip Pastry Bites with you today – PLUS A GIVEAWAY for a KitchenAid Mixer, so you will want to keep reading till the end.
If you aren’t sure if you want to give these a try, the only thing I can say is that my father-in-law said he loved them, and he is an absolute whiz in the kitchen. He has taken cooking lessons, loves to experiment with tricky recipes, and is a little intimidating to cook for because his food is always amazing! He loved these though!
I guess I can say one more thing – my husband, who describes vegetables as tasting “green” and who seems to have an aversion to all things that could make a salad – also loves this appetizer!
- 1 Box of Puff Pastry Sheets 2 total sheets
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach coarsely chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Chile Pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- When your puff pastry sheets are defrosted slightly, press down on the seams to make sure it is a solid sheet. Then, take a pizza cutter or knife and cut each sheet into 16 squares (or smaller if desired).
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook spinach until slightly wilted - about 3 minutes. Then, add garlic, cook and stir for another minute then turn heat off.
- Place softened cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, chili powder, black pepper, and spinach combo into a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Add some of the dip onto the center of each puff pastry square.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until they just begin to brown on the edges. Remove and let cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Would you like a FREE ebook? Check out Made in my Mixer. You will find over 20 recipes that are perfect to use with your own mixer. Isn’t that fun?!
Do you have a favorite recipe to use in your mixer?