These tropical rum punch slushies were a favorite of my mom! Sweet, flavorful alcoholic slushies are the perfect summer drink to enjoy poolside on hot days. Plus, it’s a large batch punch recipe that is easy to make for your next party!
FLAVORFUL RUM PUNCH SLUSHIES!
This recipe for tropical rum punch slushies is inspired by one of my mom’s favorite drink recipes.
Mom wasn’t a big drinker. She was a true light weight and had very picky taste, preferring fruity frozen drinks over anything else.
Her favorites? Frozen strawberry daiquiris and her “slush”, which was bright yellow when enjoyed and filled with bold flavors like pineapple, bananas, orange, lemonade, and rum.
Over the years, I have made a few changes here and there to the original recipe with the goal of simplifying the process.
Her original recipe always included bananas, which would require lengthy sessions with an infusion blender to break down and incorporate into the recipe. I don’t feel like the recipe is missing anything without them.
I’ve also cut down on the sugar from the original which is always a win for me!
You can quickly whip up a large batch of these Tropical Rum Punch Slushies for your next summer party and everyone will love them! I think alcoholic slushies are always a fun surprise to your normal party drinks!
Plus, you can’t get more refreshing on a hot summer day than with a frozen cocktail filled with big bold tropical fruits!
HOW TO MAKE TROPICAL RUM PUNCH SLUSHIES?
This recipe for tropical rum punch slushies is a quick dump and stir, unless you choose to add optional fresh fruit into the mix.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS FROZEN TROPICAL RUM DRINK:
- Pineapple juice
- Frozen lemonade concentrate – mostly thawed for stirring
- Frozen OJ concentrate (no pulp) – mostly thawed for stirring
- Sugar (add more to taste)
- White Rum or Caribbean Rum
- Ice if using a blender
DIRECTIONS FOR THIS FROZEN TROPICAL RUM DRINK:
- Mix together all of your ingredients!
- Choose how to make into a slushie with the methods below of freeze or blending with ice.
HOW TO MAKE AND FREEZE ALCOHOLIC SLUSHIES?
Making alcoholic slushies is usually pretty simple, with the most complicated step being any fruit that needs to be pureed depending on the recipe.
This recipe for Tropical Rum Punch slushies doesn’t require that, though. It’s a simple dump and stir.
However, if you wanted to add any additional flavors like banana or mango, you would puree or blend the fruit and add to the mix.
When preparing your alcoholic slushies, you have two options for getting it ready to enjoy. The first is slower but easier; the second is faster but more involved.
- FREEZE YOUR ALCOHOLIC SLUSHIES – Once you have everything mixed, put your drink ingredients into a freezer safe container and let it sit. If you are making a full batch, I recommend freezing overnight.
- BLEND YOUR ALCOHOLIC SLUSHIES WITH ICE – Add about a cup of mix with 2 cups of ice to blend up right there! If you don’t have room in your freezer or want instant gratification, this is an easy way to still enjoy frozen cocktails!
ITEMS HELPING FOR MAKING THESE TROPICAL RUM PUNCH SLUSHIES
You don’t need anything special for making these slushies.
LARGE FREEZER SAFE CONTAINER: If you are freezing, you will want freezer safe containers that you can store your drink mix in while it freezes. I use this 14 cup Rubbermaid Container. It will store this entire recipe as written.
NINJA BLENDER: Whenever you are going to whip up frozen cocktails, you are going to want a reliable blender. The Ninja is it for me! You cannot go wrong with this one!
HERE ARE MORE FROZEN ALCOHOLIC DRINKS TO ENJOY:
RELAX AND SIP ON THIS FROZEN TROPICAL RUM PUNCH SLUSHIES!
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 1 frozen lemonade concentrate - mostly thawed for stirring
- 1 frozen OJ concentrate (no pulp) - mostly thawed for stirring
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar (add more to taste)
- 2 cups Rum (add more to taste)
- OPTIONAL: Ice if wanting to use a blender
- Mix together all of your ingredients in a freezer safe container.
- Place into freezer for 6 plus hours to freeze. Time will depend on freezer and size of container.
- Get your slushie container out of your freezer about 15 minutes before serving to make scooping easier. Enjoy!
HOW LONG DO I NEED TO FREEZE RUM SLUSHIES FOR?
This makes a large batch, so you will probably need to freeze for 6 hours or overnight. This will depend on your freezer and the size and shape of your container. My freezer is older and very full, so mine definitely needs overnight.
WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO WAIT FOR THEM TO FREEZE OVERNIGHT?
If you want to enjoy these alcoholic slushies right away, add the combined mix into blender as needed with lots of ice! Blend on "frozen drinks" or high. Add more ice and blend again until you get desired consistency.
WHAT IF I WANT TO ADD ADDITIONAL FLAVORS TO THIS RUM PUNCH?
Go for it! Banana, mango, and papaya would all make great additions at about 1 cup each or to taste. There are two easy ways to add:
- Blend fruit into puree and stir into mix before freezing.
- Use frozen fruit in addition to ice in the blender to get your tropical rum punch to desired slushie consistency.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 5mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 19g Protein: 0g