A delicious pita wrap recipe that is perfect as a light summer dinner. These slow cooker chicken caesar wraps will not disappoint!
EASY AND DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CAESAR WRAPS!
Every time summer comes around, I start looking for easy, lighter dinner ideas.. While I love a good casserole or baked mac and cheese, they just don’t sound as appealing in the heat.
Plus I don’t want to have the oven on working against the air conditioning. I’m all about using the slow cooker, grill or stove top during the summer instead of the oven.
These Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar wraps are the perfect solution! I don’t have to turn the oven on while the chicken breasts cook all day, and pita wraps make a light meal perfect for even the hottest days.
This recipe is also really versatile. My favorite way to enjoy is in a pita!
However, the caesar chicken can be served up a variety of ways to change things up. Use the chicken on buns, in a tortilla wrap or go carb free with a lettuce wrap!
You can also chop the chicken instead of shredding and add to salad or serve on top of cilantro lime rice!
My real test is always what Bryan thinks though. He can be a bit picky at times when I try to make lighter meals, especially because he is close to being a bottomless pit.
I was really surprised when he said ONE pita wrap was filling for him. This means more leftovers and meals out of one batch, which is a big win in my book.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN CAESAR WRAPS?
When I say this is an easy recipe, I really do mean it. My husband can make this, and his list of meals he can make is very limited.
Add your chicken into your slow cooker and pour in chicken stock until it comes to the top of the chicken breasts. Sprinkle a little garlic powder on top, and start cooking! That’s it!
Didn’t I tell you this was an easy slow cooker meal?!
When the chicken is done cooking, you will remove it from the slow cooker and shred the chicken. If you like chunkier wraps or are going to use this for a salad, I would recommend roughly chopping the chicken instead of shredding.
Then pour the caesar dressing on top. I use light caesar dressing and generally go with the less is more philosophy. More caesar dressing can always be added later but it cannot be taken away.
Then just decide what you want to serve this caesar chicken on – pita wraps, tortilla wraps, salad, etc.
Lastly, serve alongside romaine lettuce and parmesan cheese!
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK CHICKEN IN THE SLOW COOKER?
I use chicken breasts in the slow cooker with chicken broth and cook them for 2-3 hours on high and 4-5 hours on low. You can always check if they are done cooking with a meat thermometer; chicken should be at internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
ARE CHICKEN CAESAR WRAPS HEALTHY?
Like all chicken wraps, it is easy for them to tip the scale toward unhealthy. As a general rule, wraps tend to be lower in calories than sandwiches with the same filling.
If you are wanting to keep the chicken caesar wrap as healthy as possible, keep these things in mind:
1. Use the recommended chicken breasts as they are leaner and lower in calories than other chicken cuts.
2. Use a whole wheat tortilla or pita wrap instead of flour.
3. Look for lower calorie caesar dressing and stick to serving size recommendations as calories can quickly add up with creamy dressings. Consider using Litehouse Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing or something similar.
WHAT GOES WITH CHICKEN CAESAR WRAPS?
I like to serve really easy side dishes that aren’t super heavy, especially during warm summer months. Even something easy like fresh orange slices or strawberries makes a great side for wraps like these!
Looking for side dish recipes for the wraps? Check these out!
- ZESTY RANCH BLT PASTA SALAD – This is one of my favorite pasta salad recipes! It’s fresh, flavorful and a fun twist on BLTs.
- 3 INGREDIENT CHIP DIP – A light, herbed chip dip that pairs well with every chip and makes a great side dish for wraps and sandwiches!
- COLD QUINOA SALAD – Filled with fresh vegetables and chickpeas, it’s a great summer BBQ side. Plus, if you have vegan guests, you can just leave out the feta cheese to make it vegan friendly!
- HONEY MUSTARD COLESLAW – I love different flavored coleslaws, especially recipes with no mayo like this one!
- TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD – My sister always make tomato cucumber salad for summer birthday parties and I love it! It is a perfect match for these chicken wraps!
WHAT CAN I MAKE WITH EXTRA CHICKEN FROM THE SLOW COOKER?
This is one of my recipes that I use to make extra shredded chicken for other meals. So instead of using just 2 pounds for this recipe, I make as much as my slow cooker will reasonably fit.
Then, after shredding, I separate the chicken into two piles. One pile for the chicken caesar pitas and one pile to use for other meals.
Here are some of the recipes I use the extra plain shredded chicken for:
ITEMS HELPFUL FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE:
Since starting freezer meal prep when Parker was born, we use this slow cooker at least 4 days a week and it’s still in amazing working order. It’s a serious work horse!
SLOW COOKER TRAVEL CARRIER – If you ever make slow cooker meals to bring to work or parties for a pot luck, which this slow cooker chicken caesar recipe is perfect for, you will want a carrier! This Hamilton Beach Travel Carrier is reliable and keeps everything warm and safe to carry!
SLOW COOKER LINERS – If you hate clean up like most people do, these slow cooker liners are a miracle worker! I’m all for work smarter not harder!
PULLED MEAT SHREDDER CLAWS – I used forks for shredding meat for a long time and that works fine. But again, work smarter not harder! These shredding claws makes the task easier and faster! Plus they are great for transferring larger cuts of meat.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE GREAT SLOW COOKER COOK RECIPE BOOKS:
- 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Cookbook: Quick and Easy 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Cookbook for Two
- American Heart Association Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook
PARTY PERFECT SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CAESAR WRAPS!
- 2 pounds Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Chicken Stock (you want to have the broth almost touching the top of the chicken)
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 bottle Light Caesar Dressing
- Romaine Lettuce
- Parmesan Cheese
- 8 tortillas, pita wraps, bread, etc.
- Place cleaned chicken into the crock pot and add chicken stock. Chicken stock should come to the top of the chicken. Sprinkle garlic powder on top.
- Cook chicken for 2-3 hours on high and 4-5 hours on low.
- When done, remove chicken from chicken stock and shred or chop chicken.
- Pour caesar dressing on top and toss. This will be to taste. I use around half a bottle of dressing on all the chicken. Remember - You can always add more later, so starting conservatively is best.
- Add lettuce and chicken to the wrap and top with parmesan cheese! Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 427Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 492mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 44g