This 5 ingredient Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter is absolutely addicting and a fall pumpkin recipe staple for us because it makes the perfect ingredient for fall baked goods, main dish recipes and even morning toast!
EASY SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN BUTTER!
My husband, Liam and I are the only ones in my immediate family that like pumpkin. It would be an understatement if I were to say that I did not grow up on pumpkin anything.
My first introduction to pumpkin? Seasoned and roasted pumpkin seeds in middle school, followed by the glorious pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks.
They made me love pumpkin so much that I became the crazy woman that buys huge cans of pumpkin so I can make a ton of pumpkin recipes all fall long – and often times, all year long!
My homemade apple butter has always been such a hit with my family and with all of you that I thought making a slow cooker pumpkin butter recipe might go over well, too!
The best part is that this recipe is even simpler and faster to make than my apple butter recipe because I start with easy canned pumpkin puree.
However, you can always start with fresh pumpkin if you desire and cook it down like you do with apples. That is way too much work for me, though!
Pumpkin butter has a fabulous dark caramelized color with a sweet and spicy flavor. It’s thick, flavorful and makes the house smell amazing!
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN BUTTER:
Making pumpkin butter is one of the simplest slow cooker recipes! You add everything into the slow cooker, stir well and then just let it cook.
Stir occasionally to check in on how it’s cooking and ensure it doesn’t scorch on the sides. Easy peasy!
When done, you can add to mason jars and refrigerate for at least a month or you can go through the canning process to make it last longer.
We never manage to keep it around for long since we use it so often for breakfast and recipes.
USE PUMPKIN BUTTER IN THESE RECIPES:
YOU MIGHT ENJOY THESE OTHER PUMPKIN RECIPES:
- SPICED GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES
- SUPER EASY 5 INGREDIENT PUMPKIN BUTTER
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES – MY FAVE!
- PUMPKIN TRUFFLES
- PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
- FLUFFY PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES
- PUMPKIN PECAN PANCAKES
- PULL APART PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLL MUFFINS
- PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLL CASSEROLE
LET’S WHIP UP THIS TASTY FALL SPREAD – 5 INGREDIENT PUMPKIN BUTTER!
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin (make sure it's not canned pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1-3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, start smaller and add more to your desired taste
- ***ADD SMALL AMOUNTS OF WATER OR APPLE CIDER SLOWLY IF TOO THICK FOR YOU
- Combine all ingredients in crock-pot and stir to mix well.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, stirring at least once an hour to avoid any burning on the sides. The mixture will thicken as it cooks and turns a dark caramelized color.
- If the spread is thicker than you desire, add small amounts of water or apple cider to the crock pot slowly until you reach desired consistency.
- After it's done, refrigerate in sealed container or go through canning process.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 36 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 2mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 0g