You will definitely want to choose treat with these adorable Halloween truffles with a creamy pumpkin spiced filling and vanilla coating to portray fun little mummies!
Goosebumps: The Curse of the Pumpkin Mummy Truffles
To say that I am excited for the Goosebumps movie to release in a few weeks is an understatement.
Did you grow up reading the books? I think almost everyone my age read at least one Goosebumps book. There was a little something for everyone – spiders, ghosts, monster neighbors, witches, and, of course, mummies!
My love of the spooky and science fiction definitely started early, and The Curse of the Mummy’s Tomb was one of my favorite Goosebumps stories.
This nerdy kid thought Egyptian mythology was fascinating – still do!
So I knew right away that I wanted my Goosebumps post to highlight mummies!
I’ve been experimenting with truffles lately, so I decided to give pumpkin truffles a try and I am so glad I did. YUM!
They are creamy on the inside with the perfect kick of spice from the seasonings and ginger snaps and the outside is delicious vanilla almond bark.
Don’t worry though! If you have any nut allergies though, this can easily be replaced with white chocolate. Almond bark is just my go-to for its rich flavor.
If you don’t want the mummy look because you want to enjoy these delicious pumpkin truffles for Thanksgiving, skip it! Trust me – they are worth making all fall long.
Okay – trust me – all year long! I love pumpkin!
HOW TO DECORATE THESE PUMPKIN TRUFFLES AS MUMMIES
The best part? The cute mummy truffle decor is basically made by making a mess.
Which means that it’s perfect for letting kids help.
You can use a spoon to drizzle the remaining almond bark over the truffles or you can add to a piping bag like I did.
I switched the tips half way through – using a thicker line tips first and then a small round one at the end.
The only tricky party is the black eyes so unless you want black frosting everywhere, I wouldn’t have the kids help with that part.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE PUMPKIN TRUFFLES
ALMOND BARK – This is my favorite coating for truffles as it’s easy to work with and has a good but subtle flavor that enhances the filling in my opinion.
If allergies are a concern, white chocolate can be used in its place. Just be careful not to burn it while heating.
FOOD MARKERS – Honestly, I haven’t used these myself yet but I’ve ordered them and will be using them any day now. My readers have recommended them though for working great on iced cookies and cake pops, so I think it will be much easier for the eyes on these truffles.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE OTHER PUMPKIN RECIPES
- SPICED GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES
- SUPER EASY 5 INGREDIENT PUMPKIN BUTTER
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES – MY FAVE!
- PUMPKIN TRUFFLES
- PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
- FLUFFY PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES
- PUMPKIN PECAN PANCAKES
- PULL APART PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLL MUFFINS
- PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLL CASSEROLE
WANT MORE HALLOWEEN TREATS? LOOK HERE!
- HALLOWEEN TREAT ROUND UP – OVER 20 IDEAS!
- FRANKENSTEIN RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- MONSTER MASH
- PUMPKIN MUMMY TRUFFLES
- PUMPKIN MUMMY HAND PIES
- PRETZEL FRANKENSTEIN FINGERS
- GHOST TWINKIES
- DRACULA’S RED VELVET MILKSHAKE
TIME TO MAKE A BATCH OF CREAMY PUMPKIN MUMMY TRUFFLES!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 c pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs powder sugar
- 2 c grounded ginger snaps
- 1/2 c grounded vanilla sandwich cookies
- 12 oz Vanilla Almond Bark
- Black icing for eyes
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine cream cheese, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- Add cookie crumbs and mix until smooth.
- Cover and chill the dough for about 20-30 minutes in the freezer.
- When cold enough, roll the mixture into about 1" balls. Chill again.
- Melt the vanilla almond bark in a small bowl perfect for rolling the truffles.
- Roll all the truffles in the melted almond bark, covering thoroughly. Then, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- When done, chill for 10 minutes, letting the chocolate harden.
- The remaining melted vanilla almond bark will be used for drizzling on the truffles. You can use a spoon or add to a icing bag and use a frosting tip. You might need to slightly reheat the almond bark before drizzling.
- Dap 2 dots of black icing to make the eyes.
- Store chilled in a sealed container.
WHAT IF I CAN'T USE ALMOND BARK?
You can use white chocolate or candy melts in place of almond bark. Just be careful when melting white chocolate as it can burn more easily.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 191 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 146mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g