An easy and adorable Halloween Trail Mix that makes the perfect addition to your Halloween treat table, one that allows your little monsters to pick and choose their favorite holiday snacks! Plus, this Halloween recipe comes with free printables for your Monster Mash Halloween Trail Mix display!!
Create a Fun but Easy Halloween Recipe with this Monster Mash Halloween Trail Mix!
Making a cute Halloween recipe doesn’t have to be complicated, especially when you can let the imagination of kids go wild!
Pick out ordinary trail mix ingredients and give them a new life by turning them into Witch Warts, Spider Legs, Ghost Boogers and more!
I can honestly say I don’t know where October went. It seems to be gone in a blink leaving me scrambling a bit for Halloween prep.
When asked to help plan some Halloween fun, though, I immediately knew that it was time to bring out my Monster Mash printables and easy ingredients again!
I made these for the first time back in 2015, and they’ve been a hit ever since.
One of the reasons I think they’re such a bit hit is because it’s a fun Halloween dessert AND activity in one!
Kids will love reading all the spooky ingredient names and deciding which ones they want to put into their own little cauldron for a personalized Halloween trail mix.
HOW TO MAKE MONSTER MASH HALLOWEEN TRAIL MIX:
First, you will want to print out these free labels that I am giving you all! I have even included unlabeled sheets that you can use to make up your own Halloween labels if you would like!
Next, get little cups or large cupcake cups to put all your ingredients in. Tape on your labels and display them on your sweets table. The kids are going to love saying “eeeewwww” to things like Mummy’s Scabs!
This is easy to customize with all of your favorite treats.
What I love about this Halloween treat is that you can pull it all together so quickly, especially since I am providing you with my labels as a FREE download!
You can download with my names labeled or you can download with no labels so you can make your own names.
WHAT INGREDIENTS SHOULD I USE FOR THIS HALLOWEEN MIX:
It’s easy to mix and match ingredients based on your kids’ favorite treats or allergy concerns. Here is my go-to list though to start you off on your brainstorming!
- 10 cups of Popcorn as base
- Witch Warts – Chocolate Chips
- Mummy Scabs – Golden Grahams
- Spider Legs – Pretzel Sticks
- Vampire Teeth – White Hershey Kisses
- Ghost Boogers – Mini Marshmallows
- Cat Eyes – Edible Candy Eyes
- Pumpkin Seeds – Reese’s Pieces
- Bat Poop – Mini Tootsie Rolls
LOOKING FOR MORE HALLOWEEN TREATS?!
- HALLOWEEN TREAT ROUND UP – OVER 20 IDEAS!
- FRANKENSTEIN RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- MONSTER MASH
- PUMPKIN MUMMY TRUFFLES
- PUMPKIN MUMMY HAND PIES
- PRETZEL FRANKENSTEIN FINGERS
- GHOST TWINKIES
- DRACULA’S RED VELVET MILKSHAKE
TIME TO MAKE A FUN HALLOWEEN TRAIL MIX!
- 10 cups of Popcorn as base
- Witch Warts - 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Mummy Scabs - 2 cups Golden Grahams
- Spider Legs - 2 cups Pretzel Sticks
- Vampire Teeth - 2 cups White Hershey Kisses
- Ghost Boogers - 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Cat Eyes - 2 cups Edible Candy Eyes
- Pumpkin Seeds - 2 cups Reese's Pieces
- Bat Poop - 2 cups Mini Tootsie Rolls
- Print your labels and add them to the bowls for the individual ingredients.
- Display your ingredients and allow kids to scoop up what they want and make personalized Halloween trail mix!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 3gSugar: 52gProtein: 6g