Looking for easy Halloween treats for your holiday party?! Look no further than these Ghost Twinkies! Take the classic crowd pleaser of Twinkies and make them even better with the spooktacular addition of vanilla coating!
SIMPLE BUT FUN HALLOWEEN GHOST TWINKIES!
I decided to give these a try one day when my 13-year-old niece D was home from school.
She was getting bored and wanted to make something, so why not put her to work? I kid – kind of.
D likes getting crafty and experimenting in the kitchen. The majority of her favorite shows can be found on HGTV and the FoodNetwork.
It’s actually a good thing we did it together, too, because she actually ended up saving the day.
The day was actually jam packed with recipe development for me as I was trying to photograph a lot of new recipes for all of you before I headed out of town on vacation.
I got distracted and my chocolate clumped. I needed it to flow over the Twinkies not sit in a puddle on the top.
As I sat there contemplating the chocolate problem, D kept stirring out of boredom. And it worked! So if all else fails, keep stirring your coating!
HOW TO MAKE THESE GHOST TWINKIES
First, you will want to prep your baking pan with parchment paper and cut your Twinkies in half. Place the flat cut side down on the parchment.
Then, you will want to melt your white chocolate, candy melts or almond bark. All will work for this recipe so use your preferred coating.
The trick to making these is to stir the chocolate – a LOT! The more you stir it, the smoother and thinner it gets.
Once melted and thin, spoon the chocolate over the top, and I would take an icing knife to scrape some of the pooled icing at the bottom back up over the Twinkie.
We cooled them and then did it again to get better coverage.
I say this a lot, but these ghost Twinkies are definitely not about perfection! You don’t need or want a perfect coating on the outside. I like that they all look different and that some have draping evenly and some have it to one side.
It gives your ghosts character!
LOOKING FOR MORE HALLOWEEN DESSERT IDEAS?!
- HALLOWEEN TREAT ROUND UP – OVER 20 IDEAS!
- FRANKENSTEIN RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- MONSTER MASH
- PUMPKIN MUMMY TRUFFLES
- PUMPKIN MUMMY HAND PIES
- PRETZEL FRANKENSTEIN FINGERS
- GHOST TWINKIES
- DRACULA’S RED VELVET MILKSHAKE
- 16 ounces of White Chocolate, almond bark or candy melts
- 20 Twinkies - cut in half
- Round Sprinkles for eyes
- Small tube of icing - used to adhere eyes.
- Layer your pan with parchment paper.
- Cut your Twinkies in half and place flat, cut side down.
- Melt white chocolate at 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between, OR over a double boiler. Stir - a LOT!
- Add a little bit of white chocolate to the open cut of the Twinkies and place down onto the pan. Using a spoon, pour thinned chocolate over the Twinkies and then use an icing knife to help bring the thinned icing up over the Twinkie.
- Cool once all covered and repeat. Cool again.
- Add sprinkle eyes using a little bit of icing to act as "glue" for sprinkle application.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 5g