I love the Olympics! I enjoy the camaraderie around our team and the celebration of hard work. It doesn’t always happen very smoothly, but I like the idea of countries coming together cooperatively. Then there’s the figure skating, the speed skating, the snow boarding, and the commercials. I really love the commercials during the Olympics! So why not celebrate all the awesomeness of the Olympics with a DIY Olympics Headband?!
1 felt sheet for each color of the Olympic rings
1 plain headband
Hot Glue Gun and Stick
1. Make the felt puff for each color. To do this you will need 6 circles of each color, measuring about 2″ in diameter. 1 of these circles is the base of the puff. Fold 4 of the circles in half – twice; they will be little pie pieces. Hot glue them down onto the base circle. Then, hold the last circle, put a drop of hot glue in the center, and glue point down so the last one is standing up and filling in the puff.
2. Place the 5 puffs down in the correct order onto extra felt. Trace around and then cut that piece out. Do this once more time.
3. Hot glue the 5 puffs down onto one of the pieces of felt. This is now your piece for the headband. Trim any extra felt that is showing around the 5 puffs.
4. Take the other traced piece of felt and glue it to the inside of the headband where you want the embellishment to be.
5. Glue the embellishment onto the headband and other piece of felt. You might need to trim extra felt showing around the embellishment.
TA-DAH! Now you have a fun headband that you or the kids can wear as they cheer on their favorite teams and watch the closing ceremonies!!
What is your favorite Olympics Sport?
JOIN OUR EMAIL COMMUNITY!
Join our Awesome Nerd Community for new content updates as well as our FLASH FREEBIES!
When you confirm your subscription, you will be taken to a confirmation page with a link to all the current flash freebies to download! Already subscribed but missed the flash freebie email? Simply confirm your subscription again for download access!
Dawn Red says
I got these for my 11 year old. She loves wearing them. She enjoys having all the different colors to choose from. They fit her head. She usually yanks headbands off after a while, but she keeps these on all day. I tried one on and they felt fine for my head as well.
Thanks in advance
Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche says
This is so cute! Such an original idea 🙂
Sarah Fuller says
I think this headband is great not just for the Olympics, but all winter as is so cheerful. Great work!
Debbie @ onelittleproject.com says
What a great project! First of all, I LOVE felt flower headbands. I’ve made a few for my daughter and they are fantastic. And second, I love how festive this is for the Olympics. Very creative! Pinning! 🙂
Debbie @ One Little Project
Thank you so much, Debbie, and thank you for pinning!! I really appreciate it.
Emily @ Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt says
This is so cute!! I love it!
Thank you, Emily!! 🙂
This is a cute idea. I’ve seen several necklace ideas with an Olympic medal look, I like your creativity in creating this. Pinning.
Thanks, Nicky! I haven’t seen one of those, but I will have to look! That could be really cute with a plain white t-shirt.
April @ Angels Homestead says
This is really cute! My DIL is crafty like this, and would love to make one of these for her daughter. PINed it. 🙂
Thank you for pinning, April! I hope your daughter gives it a shot! 🙂
Lori Who Needs A Cape? says
So cute & colorful! Love it! Sharing on G+ right now! 🙂
Thank you, Lori! I really appreciate you sharing the post!
Victoria @ Creative Home Keeper says
These are too cute! I’m not super crafty, but I think even I could make one for my daughter when she gets a little bigger. Pinning!
The nice thing about making felt puffs is that they are never perfect. Felt is pretty forgiving.