Brighten up your weekend brunch with these Easy Lemon Cinnamon Rolls!
Hi, Nerds! We’ve had a slight break here at The Love Nerds for the past week that wasn’t quite planned, but I will be honest with you all – it felt really good! February is always a tough time for me – I’m over winter, my sinuses are killing me, and migraines always seem to be worse with all the weather changes and storms. So a week off to rest and decompress was definitely what I needed and now I am back with these Easy Lemon Cinnamon Rolls.
My first attempt at making easy sweet rolls with a crescent dough sheet was my Cookie Butter Cinnamon Rolls. If you haven’t yet experience cookie butter, run to your nearest Trader’s Joe to pick up a jar. You won’t regret it! We loved that first cinnamon rolls recipe so much that I decided it was time to experiment with some new ideas. I’m dreaming of spring so making Lemon Cinnamon Rolls seemed liked the perfect this weekend. They definitely lived up to my hopes!
- Crescent Dough Sheet
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Open and lay out crescent sheet on parchment paper.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the dough, leaving at least a 1/2 inch border without filling.
- If you roll starting with the short end, you will get less rolls (about 6 or 7) but more doughy. If you roll long wise, you will get a few more rolls that are a little smaller.
- Put in a pan prepped with cooking spray and cook at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir together the powdered sugar and lemon juice to make the glaze. Balance the two items depending on your desired thickness (more lemon juice would make it thinner, more powdered sugar would make it thicker). Drizzle onto the rolls and then enjoy!
If you like this post, you might also enjoy my other breakfast recipes: