If you love a little spice in your game day food, make sure to mix up a batch of Honey Sriracha Meatballs. Sweet, spicy and oh so flavorful! They will be an instant hit at your next party!
Step Up the Heat with this Honey Sriracha Meatballs Recipe!
A few years ago, I whipped up a few chicken wing sauce recipes that have become summer grilling staples in our house, one of them being Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings. My husband has also been known to bake some up in the oven with his favorite sauce on a crisper pan … which has holes. Not the best cooking pan when wing sauce is involved but I digress. The important piece of this story is that his and my brother-in-law’s favorite sauce recipe has consistently been Honey Sriracha Sauce which is why I decided Honey Sriracha Meatballs needed to also become a family tradition.
If you’ve been following along with us lately, you know we have been really into meatballs. I’ve made us Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Chicken Parmesan Meatballs, and now these Honey Sriracha Meatballs. It’s been a pretty tasty few weeks! What should be my next meatball recipe? Any suggestions?
Honey Sriracha Cocktail Meatballs are spicier than Buffalo Chicken Meatballs in my opinion, so these should be enjoyed by someone who enjoys some heat. The honey does a nice job of taming the spicy Sriracha, so these two really are one of those perfect flavor combinations – like peanut butter and jelly or tomato soup and grill cheese. So whether you whip up this sauce for chicken wings or enjoy it with the meatballs, your spicy loving friends are going to love you for making this recipe.
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE ITEMS WHILE MAKING THIS RECIPE:
- Huy Fong Foods Sriracha Sauce
- Set and Forget Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Liners
- Cocktail Bamboo Forks
- Appetizer and Dessert Tasting Set
- White Tasting Plates
- The Sriracha Cookbook
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE OTHER APPETIZER RECIPES:
- Korean BBQ Meatball Skewers
- Easy Baked Pizza Burritos
- Spicy Sausage Dip
- French Onion and Bacon Dip
- Beer Cheese Dip
Sweet and Spicy Make This Honey Sriracha Sauce a Winning Combination for Cocktail Meatballs!
- 1 pound Meatballs
- 1/4 cup Sriracha Sauce
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice or Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or oil of your choosing)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the meatballs. Add more or less Sriracha and honey to adjust the spiciness or sweetness of the sauce.
- Add meatballs to your slow cooker and pour the sauce over top. Stir to coat all the meatballs.
- Cook refrigerated meatballs on high for 2 hours and frozen meatballs on high for 3-4 hours. Stir a couple times throughout for even cooking.
- If you are cooking a larger batch of meatballs, you might need to cook longer.