Ocean Party Popcorn Mix – A delicious addition to our Shark Party!
With Shark Week on Discovery going on now and Sharknado 3 releasing in a couple weeks, I wanted to have some party fun. I pulled together a fun Shark Party that I will be sharing with you all this weekend, but in the meantime, I will be sharing some fun details! We are starting with Shark Bait, an Ocean Party Popcorn recipe!
Party popcorns make a sweet snack mix that everyone will love. It has the perfect combo of salty (popcorn) and sweet (white chocolate). Plus, you can throw in some tasty goodies like M&Ms and the dessert Gold Fish. I was so excited when I found the dessert Gold Fish because it works perfect for an ocean themed party. They are also really tasty!
- 6-7 ounces white chocolate chips or white candy melts melted
- 8-9 cups popped popcorn lightly salted
- sprinkles in your party colors
- 1-2 cups of chocolate covered candy in your party colors mine are chocolate covered peanuts from Party City
- 1 small bag of Vanilla Cupcake Gold Fish
- On a large baking sheet or bowl, gently mix in the melted white candy/chocolate into the popped popcorn.
- Then, sprinkle the sprinkles before melted chocolate hardens.
- Once chocolate is dry, gently break it apart into pieces.
- Add candy and gold fish.
- Make sure to store well to keep it from going stale.
Keep an eye out for more Shark Party and Ocean Party themed recipes and projects this week leading up to the big party reveal!