Hey Everyone! I’m so excited to be here helping Maggie celebrate birthday month! I’m Emily and I blog over at Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt. I share everything from recipes, crafts, DIY home improvement, wedding ideas to TV musings. I hope you’ll hop over my blog and check it out or you can follow me on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram.
Growing up we weren’t big on cake for birthdays. Anytime we got or made a cake half of it just sat around and was never eaten. In my family it was either dessert bars or just a roll of cookie dough. I’m not even kidding, one year I had a roll of cookie dough with a candle in it. These Congo Bars are a family favorite that are very often requested for birthdays. In order to make them a little more birthday like I added some fun sprinkles when I made them this time and I loved how cute and festive it made them!
- 2 sticks butter or margarine melted
- 1 box brown sugar
- 2 3/4 cups self rising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sprinkles
- Mix together melted butter and brown sugar
- Mix in eggs
- Mix in flour
- Then mix in chocolate chips, do all mixing with a spoon
- Mix in the sprinkles, if desired
- Bake in a metal 13x9 inch pan at 300 degrees for 30-45 minutes